Deepcool Debuts $599 Tristellar S Case That Resembles 'Star Wars' Shuttle

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarr3

Distinguished
I do dig this. I like how all the hot components are isolated so the GPU exhaust doesn't heat up the CPU or vice versa. But please, no lights. We're not all 12-year-olds.

Larry Litmanen

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
Most PC's can be built in a cheap $30 case and you can reuse it for years.

But we do not do that, we want a case that is beautiful to look at, that allows us to express ourselves. This is why i love this case, it is different, it's daring, bold, it stands out.

MrMakapuu

Distinguished
May 13, 2012
I can see maybe $200 Max but $600? For some sheet metal and plastic made in China? WTF? Take that $600 Go take a wood working class at your local community college and build something unique and cherish.

luissantos

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
I'd be very interested in knowing if I could pair this case with the EVGA AIO Liquid Cooled 980 GTX
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/evga-gtx-980-hybrid-water,28824.html
I fear there may be no room for the radiator, but perhaps the HDD mount bracket could be removed? Perhaps it's third slot could be sawed off? Would there be any other complications remaining? Like sheer card length + radiator/fan length would be too much anyways...

dstarr3

Distinguished
It might be a worthy investment to get one of these and sell them to someone who wants it and'll pay you more money for it. If 50 are made worldwide, it'll be perhaps a worthy idea to invest in one.

I don't know what the collector market is like for computer cases, but I have a hunch that there isn't one.

Well I have to say it looks very nice to look at quite unique.
But like most things after a few weeks you get used to it, and it becomes just another object you happen to own.
More of a show peace for friends to look at it and say "wow what a neat case".

Yes for sure, but as said ok R&D may bump the price up a bit.
But if it`s still using the same raw materials like said as Steel or aluminum, with poly carbonate plastic panels or enclosure over the frame work.

You can hardly say $600 pounds for it, most people are practical, and would put the £600 pounds towards the main hardware in there system.
Only people who have too much money would buy the case for bragging right`s and nothing much else though it may look a neat design all the same.

sna

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
people use ITX to save space .. this thing is bigger than full EATX PC ...

sorry no point in it .. and for the look ? there are many cool looking expensive PC cases that are USEFUL to use and not to look at only.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

But we do not do that, we want a case that is beautiful to look at, that allows us to express ourselves. This is why i love this case, it is different, it's daring, bold, it stands out.

point me to the full tower case that is less than 200$ that doesn't have a phisher price feel to it, i dont like small cases because of how cramped everything gets.

G

I once bought a case for 30$. I had it for a week before I went out and bought a real one for 200$. I could see paying 300-400$ for a case, but it better have very good airflow, smart design, efficient configuration. This case seems to have none of those features. It only supports mini-ITX. And honestly, the design isn't that good.

Vosgy

Honorable
Nov 24, 2014

point me to the full tower case that is less than 200$ that doesn't have a phisher price feel to it, i dont like small cases because of how cramped everything gets.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-case-phes813psgr
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/fractal-design-case-fdcadefxlr2bl
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-cc9011063ww
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-caph820w1

WatchingUser

Reputable
May 29, 2015
It might be a worthy investment to get one of these and sell them to someone who wants it and'll pay you more money for it. If 50 are made worldwide, it'll be perhaps a worthy idea to invest in one.

I don't know what the collector market is like for computer cases, but I have a hunch that there isn't one.
Technology is always changing and this isn't a smart investment unless its to impress friends.

phrancis

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Cyberpower PC is using this case, but theirs looks more evil in black and red!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-trinity-desktop-intel-core-i5-16gb-memory-2tb-hard-drive-240gb-solid-state-drive-black/8268039.p?id=1219689745788&skuId=8268039
8268039_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

ifIwasarichman

Reputable
Jun 18, 2014
I agree with sna.
If I was putting together a ITX system, I would not get a hulking case like this, I would want a small one.
Just thinking, how big and heavy would one of these be if it took a ATX or a EATX MB with a space for multiple VGAs and the radiators.
Now that would give you huge bragging rights, because it would be absolutely huge and laughable.
It's funny, when I first started with computers, they were massive. Over time they have, sped up, shrunk and been made more user friendly, This one misses out on 2 of the 3, like going backwards. Is there a punch-card slot, (giving away my age, does anyone else remember back to using punch-cards).
My favourite case at the moment, especially for the money is a Thermaltake Core series for less than a tenth the cost (in Australian - $80 compared to $850 for this monstrosity, but because it is Australia, it would probably be up like $1000 or more),. After I drilled out a few rivets and replaced with some nuts and bolts, I can pull it down to just a test bench very quickly and easily. Great for rebuilds and mods, plus very adaptable with accessories like fans and radiators.
Really, if I could afford to spend this much, I would be looking at getting a Case Labs product. I would much prefer function and adaptability over looks, also my case sits in the corner, out of the way. I want it to be quiet and innocuous. This is like having a truck with the usable space of a mini.
Besides, I would prefer to spend the money on something else, like a good VGA.
To me this just demonstrates that saying - a fool and his money ..........
Even then,I know it will still sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.