[SOLVED] Deepcool gammaxx 400

Aug 8, 2019
I went to a pc shop nearby to ask for a quotation and they told me that the air cooler Deepcool Gammaxx 400 won’t fit in my Tecware Alpha TG. Is this true?

Solution
Depends on the Gammax 400. There's a slightly older design which came stock with pushpins for Intel. That was changed in the 400B/400R (blue/red led fans) to a variable mount as is the newer 400, which also includes an AM4 mount compatability.

So as long as you get new stock, you'll be good, if it's an old one, it'll not be good as it won't fit AM4, just am3+ and prior.

This is quite normal when a new series mobo is announced, sellers get stuck with older inventory that doesn't fit the new mobo mounts or web pages that don't get updated to say the mount is compatible. By now, it shouldn't be an issue, especially from major players like Amazon etc, but some back-county little mom&pop store might not be so lucky.
Aug 8, 2019
SUPPORT AND CLEARANCE

375mm Max GPU Card

160mm Max CPU Cooler

22mm Cable Management

210mm Max PSU

Support mATX, mITX

As long as you have an intel motherboard, it'll snap right in. Those are the specs for the Tecware Alpha M TG
My motherboard is R5 3600.. Does this mean I can’t use this cooler?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on the Gammax 400. There's a slightly older design which came stock with pushpins for Intel. That was changed in the 400B/400R (blue/red led fans) to a variable mount as is the newer 400, which also includes an AM4 mount compatability.

So as long as you get new stock, you'll be good, if it's an old one, it'll not be good as it won't fit AM4, just am3+ and prior.

This is quite normal when a new series mobo is announced, sellers get stuck with older inventory that doesn't fit the new mobo mounts or web pages that don't get updated to say the mount is compatible. By now, it shouldn't be an issue, especially from major players like Amazon etc, but some back-county little mom&pop store might not be so lucky.

Solution