DeepCool Reveals GamerStorm Lucifer CPU Heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

faster23rd

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
When I think of Lucifer, I figure it's the devil brooding in hell. And while he's used to living in extreme heat, it's not really in his agenda to cool the place. Hmmmm. Wonder what prompted DeepCool to go for Lucifer, maybe he's extreme and all? :))

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
I hate that design, do not make the sides sink in llike that. (My current sunbeam core contact cooler does that and it is a horrible design. due to the design of the fans most of the airflow is directed around the edges of the fan, and when the side of the heatsink is not a uniform thickness, you end up with inefficacies.
the area before the indentation remains cool and gets a lot of airflow, then the area after the indent (where the fins get wider again) they remain how and get very little airflow from the fan)

Using tape to make a box to even out the width of the cooler and box in the gaps for force all of the air to go through the length of fins dropped my CPU temperature by about 10-12C over what the heatsink can already do on it's default config.

It's about the only way they can try to make a design that stands apart from the competition. I used to have a Titan that had a pretty and puffy sticker that went on the top fin, but that sucker started peeling in no time. In addition to standing out, I wonder if they just decide on a design and start chopping off sections of the fin shape, or do serious testing to determine what is lost in performance, as you have stated, and what is gained in terms of reducing overall weight and material costs. Things that make you go "Hmmm..."

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Much better pics
http://www.eteknix.com/deepcool-announce-gamerstorm-lucifer-cpu-cooler/
'The somewhat "H"-shaped fins of the cooler have jagged edges to increase turbulence, and with it, heat dissipation.'

Status
Not open for further replies.