Deepcool Shows Off Unique Star-Shaped Tristellar Case With CyberPowerPC Trinity Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

mordac35

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
It reminds me of something out of Star Wars. It might actually look better if it were standing on end. Too bad they didn't design it that way.

codyleemanofaction

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
It might actually look better if it were standing on end. Too bad they didn't design it that way.
I think I like it in the current configuation for looks... but on end might have made for a better airflow, if they moved the vents of course.
Way more than I'd be willing to pay for it though. I understand where the pricing comes from, between low marketability, difficult construction and heavy components... it'll be a great niche product for gamers with money to blow. Like a Bentley... in my line of work it just doesn't make sense... but somebody somewhere thinks they're great.

f-14

Distinguished
It reminds me of something out of Star Wars.
i tried looking it up for exactly what it was, i just remember that it was a space container for the x-wing vs tie fighter game. cygnus systems/space works keeps popping into mind and it's not. i just remember hiding behind them as the shape threw every one off at first glance in multi player games.

Finally something new and innovative in the world of cases. We have been using boxes for too long now! Time for the Death Star!

But seriously this looks like a great idea to me. I love the way the cables are handled through the center and how the 3 areas are for different components. I love the look, and who cares if its 50lbs, it's not like you hold your case when you use the computer, no, it sits on a shelf.

Calvin Huang

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015
50lbs with an assembled system inside isn't that heavy. A full tower usually weighs 20~30lbs by itself. Add in the video card, drives and motherboard, and you're getting close to 30~40lbs. A Mac Pro weighs on average 42.4lbs.

And the difficulty of moving a full tower is usually the unwieldy size/shape. This seems compact enough to simply wrap a single arm around it.

Mr Knight

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015
Looks like a pod racer front, from Star Wars Episode I. Personally not a fan. So regardless how much money I had it isn't worth it. Being reminded of Star Wars Episode I isn't a good thing is my eyes.

f-14

Distinguished
i tried looking it up for exactly what it was, i just remember that it was a space container for the x-wing vs tie fighter game. cygnus systems/space works keeps popping into mind and it's not. i just remember hiding behind them as the shape threw every one off at first glance in multi player games.

i finally placed it/found it
Class-I cargo container

119,545PAGES ON
THIS WIKI Edit Talk0 Eras-legends30px-Era-reb
Class-I Cargo Container
Class-I cargo container
Production information
Manufacturer
Xizor Transport Systems[1]
Product line
Xizor cargo containers[1]
Model
Cargo container[1]
Class
I
Technical specifications
Shielding
120 SBD[1]
Hull
20 RU[1]
Usage
Era(s)
Rebellion era[1]
Affiliation
Galactic Empire[1]
Rebel Alliance[1]
Various private, commercial, and pirate interests[1]
[Hide][Source]
The Class-I Cargo Container was a Y-shaped freight container manufactured by Xizor Transport Systems and designed to be carried by freighters. The container was used to store cargo during transit in both realspace and hyperspace. The Class-I cargo container was utilized to transport completed items.[1]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Class-I_cargo_container

f-14

Distinguished

i finally placed it/found it
Class-I cargo container

119,545PAGES ON
THIS WIKI Edit Talk0 Eras-legends30px-Era-reb
Class-I Cargo Container
Class-I cargo container
Production information
Manufacturer
Xizor Transport Systems[1]
Product line
Xizor cargo containers[1]
Model
Cargo container[1]
Class
I
Technical specifications
Shielding
120 SBD[1]
Hull
20 RU[1]
Usage
Era(s)
Rebellion era[1]
Affiliation
Galactic Empire[1]
Rebel Alliance[1]
Various private, commercial, and pirate interests[1]
[Hide][Source]
The Class-I Cargo Container was a Y-shaped freight container manufactured by Xizor Transport Systems and designed to be carried by freighters. The container was used to store cargo during transit in both realspace and hyperspace. The Class-I cargo container was utilized to transport completed items.[1]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Class-I_cargo_container

Status
Not open for further replies.