[SOLVED] Defective GPU

May 28, 2020
Hello, I am very new here. I have lurked and read many old threads to try to solve my problem.

Recently I built my first PC. It ran for about two weeks under light use (a few hours of witcher 3/valorant).

I was playing Valorant and all the sudden I heard my Fans in my case go to max. I couldnt tell if it was my all the fans in my case (they are connected to the fan hub not MoBo). Then my PC turned off. It booted up again and then turned off in about 10 minutes. It would flicker but ultimately wouldnt turn on.

I took it to a PC repair shop and they told me it was my graphics card. It would post with a known good gpu. Without my gpu in, my lights would come on as well.

I got a refund on my GPU and well be receiving my new GPU next week. Im nervous that it could be an underlying issue. Possibly my power supply? Is there any way to tell before I install a new one?

Parts:

B450 Tomahawk Max

EVGA 750 Gold

Gigabyte Windforce 2070 Super

Ryzn AMD 3600

Any advice would be helpful. I bought the new GPU from amazon instead of newegg (EVGA 2070 Super). Im not for sure if I could be refunded again. Im nervous about losing $600 as I have saved for YEARS for this.

Solution
Relax, test out your new gpu first when it arrives. If it was the psu, you would know. Your system would be unstable with random freezes and shutdowns. If you have an old gpu, try plugging it in to see if your system boots

poorbugger

Distinguished
Relax, test out your new gpu first when it arrives. If it was the psu, you would know. Your system would be unstable with random freezes and shutdowns. If you have an old gpu, try plugging it in to see if your system boots

Solution
May 28, 2020

thank you.

when I took it to the PC repair place, they tested another GPU and were able to log into windows.