[SOLVED] Delay After Pressing Power Button ( NEW BUILD )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2020
fleeped.com
Hi guys I just finished building my PC and I have a really weird issue. After I press the power button lights all come on but the motherboard does not come on for around 25 sec initially I taught it was my new 850wTHOR PSU so I sent that off and I ordered an even more powerful PSU 1200w THOR PSU this set up was not cheap and I have spent over £3000 building this PC it has everything brand new inside.

Full Specs

ASUS Prime X570-PRO ATX Motherboard, AMD Socket AM4, Ryzen 3000, 14 DrMOS Power Stages, PCIe 4.0, M.2, DDR4, Intel LAN, HDMI, DP, USB 3.2, Aura Sync
ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum Power Supply Unit with Aura Sync and OLED Display - Black
AMD RyzenTM 7 3800XT Processor (8C/16T, 36MB Cache, Up to 4.7 GHz Max Boost) - Without Cooler
MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6 GB GDDR5 Memory PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card - Black ( soon to be upgraded to
NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING X TRIO Graphics Card '8GB GDDR6, )

2 x Crucial MX500 2 TB CT2000MX500SSD1(Z)-Up to 560 MB/s (3D NAND, SATA, 2.5 Inch, Internal SSD) ( 4TB TOTAL )
Asus ROG Strix LC 360 all-in-one White liquid CPU cooler with Aura Sync, Triple White ROG 120mm addressable RGB radiator fans and Reinforced sleeved
NZXT H710i - ATX Mid Tower PC Gaming Case - Front I/O USB Type-C Port - Quick-Release Tempered Glass Side Panel - Vertical GPU Mount - Integrated RGB
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP 2.0 Enthusiast RGB LED Illuminated Memory Kit - White
4 x NZXT AER RGB 2-140mm - Advanced Lighting Customizations - Winglet Tips - Fluid Dynamic Bearing - LED RGB PWM

16NiidXdCWQFkamjtPsY_20_f439f2a4a1b38707ae59fd5e117072ff_image.jpg

Qm2btw4uL1zhZuSQThNz_20_249d2af790a2504cddb87b10fffa44a8_image.jpg

nH6NS18twdnZvvyVUouo_20_f81ec65cf072ecd31c6953b993333ad9_image.jpg

And here is Video Preview
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aRg5aBtA0I

Does anyone know why does it take so long for post start up to kick in when I press power button ? All lights come on but moterboard does not turn on where you see actual logo for about 25 to 30 sec once logo shows on screen it takes only 3 sec to load actual windows.

Any help would be great

Thank you

Solution
Hi guys I tried all above still same how ever I noticed this on my motherboard

20200921-233104.jpg

Before actual start up
DRAM light comes on then CPU light comes on and dram light fades out then VGA light comes on and CPU light fades out and finally when BOOT light comes on and VGA light fades out My motherboard actually starts

I'm guessing this us this is the issue
That is just going through the self test on the lights changing.
Have you tried it with just one drive hooked up why do you have Windows on both drives.

EDIT just to say you spent way to much on the Asus Tax for 3K to get what you have.

I would agree update the BIOS .

The battery is not the issue!
It could be a corrupted Bios.
Is your Bios and chipset up to date?
Have you checked in your Bios for any Post delay options?
Have you done a CHKDSK ? as that may indicate a problem with your Boot drive.
Does the system reboot during the post cycle causing a delay as you describe? If so that would be post attempting to train your DIMMs to determine best safe settings.
Are there any external devices attached to the PC during startup? If so then disconnect them.
One other thing to check The CMOS battery may be bad. Even brand new ones can be faulty.

Reactions: Fleeped
Sep 20, 2020
fleeped.com
It could be a corrupted Bios.
Is your Bios and chipset up to date?
Have you checked in your Bios for any Post delay options?
Have you done a CHKDSK ? as that may indicate a problem with your Boot drive.
Does the system reboot during the post cycle causing a delay as you describe? If so that would be post attempting to train your DIMMs to determine best safe settings.
Are there any external devices attached to the PC during startup? If so then disconnect them.
One other thing to check The CMOS battery may be bad. Even brand new ones can be faulty.

Hi and thanks for trying to help

I don't think its faulty CMOS battery because it only does this during restart or first start up if I put my computer to sleep it wakes up with in 1 to 2 sec no issue. If how ever I first start up my PC or restart my PC it always takes ruffly 25secs before MOBO logo shows up on screen.

With curropt bios it would be unstable and randomly crash and not wake up so fast from sleep.

Everything works perfect only issue is start up and restart takes while to actual motherboard to kick in.

I have been researching past week now what could be the issue and there is no real solution for it out there.

People say its PSU because boot time was increasing for them they replaced that and it was fine.

Its more of an inconvenience waiting then anything to be fair specially when you spend this much on PC.

Someone said its doing postpone checks before starting MOBO but my old pc never did that

Its really strange and I wish I could get some sort of fix for this.

Thank you

Hi and thanks for trying to help

I don't think its faulty CMOS battery because it only does this during restart or first start up if I put my computer to sleep it wakes up with in 1 to 2 sec no issue. If how ever I first start up my PC or restart my PC it always takes ruffly 25secs before MOBO logo shows up on screen.

With curropt bios it would be unstable and randomly crash and not wake up so fast from sleep.

Everything works perfect only issue is start up and restart takes while to actual motherboard to kick in.

Awake from sleep mode nor Hibernation has anything to do with the CMOS battery. Information is stored in RAM so long as power is provided to the MB.
You can have corruption in the Bios and the system can boot and again it does not determine the Speed of coming out of sleep mode.
No response re testing your storage device. A faulty drive could be the culprit.
No response as to the state of your Bios.
Yes there is a solution, you just have to find it.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Sep 20, 2020
fleeped.com
@rocktalkrock tried that both on and off no difference what so ever.

@MeanMachine41 I still have my ASUS SABERTOOTH mobo which was working perfect will try CMOS battery from that and see if it makes any difference.

Do you know how to check if my mobo is corrupted? Is there a way I can check for updates from actual BOIS or do I need to download it from ASUS and plug it inside mobo for update ?

@kurdtnz
Tried that disconnected everything except for actual SSD which has Windows on it actually I have 2 of them 2TB SSD both have fresh windows on it for testing I disconnected keyboard mouse even ethenet cable only for testing still the same.

I will try this battery see if that's the issue

Thanks

Do you know how to check if my mobo is corrupted? Is there a way I can check for updates from actual BOIS or do I need to download it from ASUS and plug it inside mobo for update ?

It's not the Motherboard per say that the corruption occurs It's the Bios which is a CMOS chip on the MB.

Sometimes the Bios needs to be updated and the latest version for PRIME X570-PRO BIOS is version 2606. The new version provides:
"Improve system performance and stability
Improve Fan control function
Improve DRAM stability and performance
Update AM4 AGESA combo V2 PI 1.0.8.0

Go here to download the new Bios: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-X570-PRO/HelpDesk_Download/
Use your EZ Flash 3 utility in Bios as per page 3-21 in your manual.
Should you be unable to access Bios then use the ASUS installation disk to recover your Bios as per page 3-23

This may not be a fix but you have to try starting somewhere.

Reactions: Fleeped
Sep 20, 2020
fleeped.com

20200921-233104.jpg

Before actual start up
DRAM light comes on then CPU light comes on and dram light fades out then VGA light comes on and CPU light fades out and finally when BOOT light comes on and VGA light fades out My motherboard actually starts

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

20200921-233104.jpg

Before actual start up

That is just going through the self test on the lights changing.
Have you tried it with just one drive hooked up why do you have Windows on both drives.

EDIT just to say you spent way to much on the Asus Tax for 3K to get what you have.

I would agree update the BIOS .

The battery is not the issue!

Last edited:
Solution

Globber

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014
I had same problem with my ASUS TUF X570-Pro. Here is what I found. ASUS designed the IO plate for the TUF Pro board wrong. The hole for the BIOS flashback button is not in the correct place. For me, It was jammed against the side of the BIOS Flashback button causing it to be constantly triggering. BIOS Flash light was constantly blinking. I would recommend checking your Flashback button as well to see if it is getting triggered in a similar manner. That's all I got for ya.

Globber

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014

20200921-233104.jpg

Before actual start up

This is the correct sequence for your POST lights to be going through. Should not be your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.