[SOLVED] Delete the pagefile from a HDD.

Solution
I already tried that step 4, and I also tried googling the problem, that's why I asked the community here. Maybe I'll just forget about the "problem". Thank you anyway!
After changing virtual memory settings system has to be rebooted.
If D:\pagefile.sys is no longer active pagefile, then just delete the file manually.
May need to turn on "show hidden files" and "show protected os files" in in folder settings.

img_58b9e9fd5385a.png

Ralston18

Titan
Here is a link that should help:

https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-delete-pagefile-sys-in-windows-10/

Read the entire process first but Step 4 is likely the key to your situation and requirements.

If not sure, then google for more removal information as you deem necessary and appropriate.

Avoid downloading any tools, apps, utilities, etc. that claim that they will fix the "problem". Some of those will show up no matter what problem you are addressing.

Do not be in a rush to do anything until you are certain about the actions necessary.

And do remember to backup all data at 2 x and ensure that all data is recoverable and readable.

Do that for all drives.

Gecko_Pirate

Commendable
Jan 4, 2021
Here is a link that should help:

https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-delete-pagefile-sys-in-windows-10/

Read the entire process first but Step 4 is likely the key to your situation and requirements.

If not sure, then google for more removal information as you deem necessary and appropriate.

Avoid downloading any tools, apps, utilities, etc. that claim that they will fix the "problem". Some of those will show up no matter what problem you are addressing.

Do not be in a rush to do anything until you are certain about the actions necessary.

And do remember to backup all data at 2 x and ensure that all data is recoverable and readable.

Do that for all drives.
I already tried that step 4, and I also tried googling the problem, that's why I asked the community here. Maybe I'll just forget about the "problem". Thank you anyway!

Ralston18

Titan
If D:\pagefile.sys is no longer active pagefile, then just delete the file manually.
May need to turn on "show hidden files" and "show protected os files" in in folder settings.

img_58b9e9fd5385a.png

Solution

Gecko_Pirate

Commendable
Jan 4, 2021

img_58b9e9fd5385a.png
It worked! Thank you. Sorry for being late but my Power Supply decided to die 2 days ago, and I had to replace it.