[SOLVED] Deleted disk partition(s)

Memoirs99

Prominent
Mar 14, 2019
Hi!
So a while back I was formatting a USB drive for my brother and I accidentally deleted the wrong drive partitions.
I have put the image of the deleted drive below. Is there any way for me to recover the data that was previously on this drive without having to spend money?
SrRMOQ9.png

EDIT:
P.S. Recuva was unable to find the disk in question, as it has no letter or volume. Would I be safe formatting it or would I be unable to recover the data if I do so?

Last edited by a moderator:

USAFRet

Titan
For future reference, always have an actual backup of your data.

Unfortunately the Indicators column has no "F", ie it shows BCxf instead of BCFf. This means that the $MFT (Master File Table) has been deleted. This in turn implies that you would be unlikely to recover your original file/folder structure.

I would clone the drive and then run data recovery software against the clone. DMDE costs US$20 for the standard version. The free version can recover up to 4000 files from any one folder. You will probably need to perform a full scan in "raw" mode. I expect that the first NTFS partition would contain your data.

Memoirs99

Prominent
Mar 14, 2019
Unfortunately the Indicators column has no "F", ie it shows BCxf instead of BCFf. This means that the $MFT (Master File Table) has been deleted. This in turn implies that you would be unlikely to recover your original file/folder structure.

I would clone the drive and then run data recovery software against the clone. DMDE costs US$20 for the standard version. The free version can recover up to 4000 files from any one folder. You will probably need to perform a full scan in "raw" mode. I expect that the first NTFS partition would contain your data.
You are indeed correct. I used minitool partition wizard and was able to find all of my files, but it costs US$59 to be able to recover them.

Memoirs99

Prominent
Mar 14, 2019
If Minitool can find the files, then a full scan in DMDE should do it. DMDE's initial Partitions window is the result of a quick scan.
After a bit of fooling around, I discovered that DMDE is also freemium, and won't let me recover more than the files (and not subfolders) of a specific folder that I have selected.
Although I am currently using it, I had to pay US$20 to recover the files. Sadly, it seems as if there is almost no way to recover deleted partitions without paying money.