Aug 29, 2020
Hello,

Battery on my laptop Dell 7577 was excellent in January but now is at poor. Dell Power Manager has shown "Battery health is poor and needs to be replaced" a couple of times.

I rarely use the laptop on battery power(like once in 4-5 months), and it is plugged in all the time. I do drain the battery when it is fully charged.

Just found about the option where one can set maximum percentage charge. should use this? If you recommend using it, could you share a recommended value to set it to?

I tried searching for a new battery (33YDH) on Dell website for price but it doesn't show any results. Please help.

Solution
I can hardly recommend a third-party battery when I've had no experience of them, but looking around the various forums it seems to be a bit of a lottery. Some have worked fine but others (generally very cheap ones) have caused problems or not lasted very long.

So all I can say is avoid the very cheap ones. Ultimately it's your decision.
Aug 29, 2020
You didn't state where you are residing, but if it's in the UK, Amazon sell genuine OEM part Here
My apologies.

I currently am in India. A friend can ship products from USA. I don't have anyone who can send it to me in from UK. I'll check if Amazon UK can ship it to India for me.

Thanks for the link.

I rarely use the laptop on battery power(like once in 4-5 months and then to only for 5-10 minutes), and it is plugged in all the time. Shall I go ahead with changing the battery? or can I use this one and use custom charging setting like 50%-55%?

Aug 29, 2020
Amazon USA have third-party compatibles but not genuine Dell. See Here

Don't buy from Amazon UK as shipping it to India will cost you a tidy sum (assuming they ship to India, which I don't know).
Thanks for responding.

I tried 25 batteries and seems Amazon USA doesn't deliver to my zip code. India is becoming a COVID hotspot and I really don't want to roam about local market at the moment.

So till COVID ends (i.e. a year :( or so), can I use the current one and use custom charging setting like 50%-55%? Would this impact laptop's functioning?

Aug 29, 2020
"I tried 25 batteries and seems Amazon USA doesn't deliver to my zip code"

But I wasn't suggesting you order it yourself from Amazon USA, you said you had a friend in the USA who could order it himself and then post it to you? Or did I read it wrong?
No sir you didn't read that wrong.. My friend recommended me to look at http://www.fedex.com/in/learn/lithium-batteries.html

I skimmed the page and thought whether ordering it from USA and getting into the hassle of importing a battery and then get a non-Dell product was really worth it..

If you recommend it, I'd go for it :)

I can hardly recommend a third-party battery when I've had no experience of them, but looking around the various forums it seems to be a bit of a lottery. Some have worked fine but others (generally very cheap ones) have caused problems or not lasted very long.

So all I can say is avoid the very cheap ones. Ultimately it's your decision.

Solution