DELL AND SOFTWARE DISKS THAT COME WITH IT

Scotty

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2001

I have a 8400 and a 8300 and I was wondering if I ever have to reinstall the
software or OS on my 8300, could I use the disks from the 8400 to do it?
I'm asking because the OS on the 8400 came pre-installed with XP SP2, while
the 8300 just has XP. I don't think that the disks are unique to one
particular model of Dell.

Thanks,
Scotty

You can install whatever Dell WinXP you want. So, the 8400 software will
work on the 8300.

"Scotty" <rsilton@bellsouth.net> schreef in bericht
>I have a 8400 and a 8300 and I was wondering if I ever have to reinstall
>the software or OS on my 8300, could I use the disks from the 8400 to do
>it? I'm asking because the OS on the 8400 came pre-installed with XP SP2,
>while the 8300 just has XP. I don't think that the disks are unique to one
>particular model of Dell.
>
> Thanks,
> Scotty

Scotty

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2001

That's what I thought so too.

"Johoo" <johoo123@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> You can install whatever Dell WinXP you want. So, the 8400 software will
> work on the 8300.

You can use any Dell XP reinstallation disc with any Dell PC . . as long as
you use the same flavor ( Home or Pro ) You use the COA from the machine
you are installing to, but the cd's are all the same.

WebGuyGuru

Pricester.com - Get your FREE Website
No design and hosting fees, Auction / Barter.