Question Dell G5 laptop Will not boot

GunmetalGray00

Reputable
Jun 12, 2021
Need some assistance.
Was working fine until today, was doing some odd things like not allowing the mouse to bring up the start button, so I rebooted, it was fine and about 1 hour later it powered down.

Hit the power button and the keyboard lights up, I close the laptop as I use an external monitor. Nothing. Open the laptop, nothing. check power supply, appears to be fine. Nothing. Use a different power supply I know is good and nothing.
Hard reset the battery. Nothing. I'm assuming the motherboard is toast. The fans do not power up on boot but do cycle when I power it down by hitting the power button. was bought in 2018.
Would like to keep it - I've seen one video on replacing the mother board - I've built my PC but I'm no so sure I'm up for messing with the laptop.

Here's my question - if I get a new Laptop, how do I swap out the info from my old HDD in the now dead laptop to the new one? It's analog. Is it best to get a newer SSD drive in the new laptop and install the HDD, or is there a rig that can convert a laptop HDD to an external drive that I can connect to like there is for PC?

I list the full issue I'm experiencing in case anyone can offer an alternative.