Dell Gets Official with Android-powered Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudeshc

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Dont know when we gona have a sneak-peak on that phone, but its true this will need many improvements and Dell surely knows how to charge there customers.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Well depends on it's functionality but if Verizon had it I might switch from my WM phone... But then again it would have to be better than the HTC HD2.

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]If its like everything else dell produces is severely overpriced and underpowered and any upgrade path you take will cost you dearly.[/citation]
I wonder if people said the same thing about the iPhone, because all of those criticisms also applied to Apple.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Dell is not that bad of a company at all

When you buy bottom of the line crap, expect to get bottom of the line crap. With their higher end products the prices are reasonable and the support is excellent (for example, compared to Sager/Clevo for notebooks)

g-thor

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
When is a phone manufacturer going to go straight to the market with a phone, instead of tying it to a service provider? If someone builds a great phone (I'm not saying this is one - just in general) then let me choose my provider. Stop putting useless leashes on them that need to be hacked.

Thanks for letting me rant.

g-thor

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
When is a phone manufacturer going to go straight to the market with a phone, instead of tying it to a service provider? If someone builds a great phone (I'm not saying this is one - just in general) then let me choose my provider. Stop putting useless leashes on them that need to be hacked.

Thanks for letting me rant.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]g-thor[/nom]When is a phone manufacturer going to go straight to the market with a phone, instead of tying it to a service provider? If someone builds a great phone (I'm not saying this is one - just in general) then let me choose my provider. Stop putting useless leashes on them that need to be hacked.Thanks for letting me rant.[/citation]

Although I like your thinking, this would also mean you have to buy the phone full price instead of heavily subsidized when you get a contract with it. I kind of liked paying only $50 after rebate for my Storm instead of the full $500

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]Although I like your thinking, this would also mean you have to buy the phone full price instead of heavily subsidized when you get a contract with it. I kind of liked paying only $50 after rebate for my Storm instead of the full $500[/citation]

Well not necessarily. Say if you could get any phone on any manufacturer (they could release it at a later date for their testing software crap) then each company can decide how much to sell or rebate the phone with a contract.

wira020

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
In my country, the majority of phones are sold at full price... sometime we have discounts depending on the phone shop... i like that system more where i wont be tied to a contract... since new phones comes into the market at a fast rate.. it give me freedom to switch phones and older phones can be traded at around half the buying prices... it also means i'm not tied to a single sevice provider...

Status
Not open for further replies.