[SOLVED] Dell inspiron 15 7567 : CPU jumps from 60° to 98° within 1 second of starting a stress test and cools down in 1 second aswell!

Incinerater3

Prominent
Feb 16, 2021
So i have this laptop dell inspiron 15 7567! And it has i7 7700hq processor and recently i’ve been having thermal shut down issues with it. I can play any game for 8-12 mins. Max. Now when i try to run any stress test for cpu either prime95 or intelburn, as soon as i hit start test temp goes from 60 to 98 within 1 blink of an eye and if you were to stop the test it goes back from 98 to 60 within a second and it’s causing me trouble what it is that’s wrong. Cause i had both my fans replaced and the thermal paste and thermal pads changed for this issue but no result. If there’s anyone who might know the build of this laptop and could point me in a direction that would be really helpful. Thank you

Solution
I don't know what you are using to read the temps...but you could try Afterburner or HWInfo.
I have good luck with those.

I wouldn't be surprised if your laptop went to 90 or 98 and I wouldn't be surprised if it went there in one second.
Laptops generally run hot.

Incinerater3

Prominent
Feb 16, 2021
It isn't unusual for the temps to go up and down that fast when you are starting and stopping a stress test.

If it's going to 98C when the CPU is at max use....that tells me....not enough cooling.
Also that it happened out of nowhere, when my CPU fan broke and i got it replaced and while doing that also got the gpu fan replaced as well. However, running stress test would also make sense for the temps but the fact they just go that fast puts me in disbelief that its actually cooling fault cause my laptop doesn’t get enough warm for 90°. I also got it checked with whole another heatsink and fans same result at dell store. My best guess at this point if there’s a sensor that shows temps is may be faulty cause i checked it at running max stress test cpu at 98 the temp gun said 67-78° but the reading in laptop say otherwise and hence they cause thermal shutdown for any game.

I don't know what you are using to read the temps...but you could try Afterburner or HWInfo.

I wouldn't be surprised if your laptop went to 90 or 98 and I wouldn't be surprised if it went there in one second.

Solution

Incinerater3

Prominent
Feb 16, 2021

I’ve used HWINFO and HWmonitor. Used coretemp and speedfan aswell all at same time different reading on all of em but common red cpus.

Incinerater3

Prominent
Feb 16, 2021
Also it’s winter here generally 10° and do you have any idea how does motherboard send the signal to the software? Cause i think may be that’s where the fault is. Idk if i can show it to ya like a video or something

Incinerater3

Prominent
Feb 16, 2021
I don't know the details regarding how the MB sends the sensor data.
I do know....that you can get faulty readings....and that they are pretty common.
I don't get as many faulty readings with HWInfo and Afterburner as I do with others...like HWMonitor.
May be a question i can ask people in motherboard section ? And sure i’ll try afterburner aswell and gonna try it with a cooling pad asweell and see if there’s any noticable change.

Incinerater3

Prominent
Feb 16, 2021
Laptops' cooling solutions are ill-equipped to handle stress tests; many will say you should consider yourself lucky when they do not throttle under sustained gaming conditions...
Hahaha i know all about it and i’m not lucky in that regards trust me. While i play something like even minecraft on minimal settings with no modpack i get 2 out of my 4 cores throttled and a thermal shutdown within 15 min. Of playing