Dell Inspiron 2650 Audio issues

patstormchaser123

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
I have a really old Dell Insipron, and I decided to use it as my Itunes music playback computer for my room, going into my stereo. Now I hooked it up to my Sony Tv, and the display and everything worked driver wise, except for the audio driver. So I went to dells website and they instructed me to a driver, when downloaded and ready to go the computer told me that the hardware was not detected. So I replaced the operating system from Windows XP Home edition to windows XP Pro, and still the same result. I do not understand why the driver that dell told me would work doesn't any advice?? Thank You

patstormchaser123

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013

Yes I did, Still did not work at all

patstormchaser123

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013

Yes, I even went as far as entering my Service Express Code, and it gives me the same driver, as the page you linked me too, it did not work at all, it unzips it, and then gets to installing it and then it says device not detected, it says "reset system and try again". Do you think the computer is broken? By the way thank you for the help!

patstormchaser123

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013

I have checked control panel, and device manager, and everything is installed on the computer correctly, no ? on any devices especially in the audio section. I have since did a chkdsk on it, resulted in nothing. Also I installed Ccleaner on it to see if any registry errors were preventing it from working. I have re-downloaded this driver 5 times and still have gotten the same result. This is a clean installation of windows XP, so I am starting to question if the computer has hardware issues?

patstormchaser123

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013

In the control panel it is not even detecting any type of volume at all, it does not detect a sound device

patstormchaser123

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013

It is currently attempting to make a diagnostic diskette with the computer and it is failing. Do you think it is hardware and not software? Because the Dell Driver that was made for the computer is not even working

patstormchaser123

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013

I will get that next, I am currently installing Intel Chipset driver and then going to attempt reinstall with the Audio Driver, Then I am going to try that diagnostic Still Nothing I am going to get the diagnostic now