[SOLVED] Dell optiplex 790 DT not getting any power.

tishawn.jacent

Commendable
Jul 29, 2018
I used a power cable from some other pc, I'm not sure witch one it's from. But I plugged it in, I took off the fan for the PC not the CPU, because it was so hard to spin and I thought that it would cause a fire, so when I plugged it in, it didn't even make any sound no lights came on, not even from the motherboard itself and I pressed the power button and nothing.

Solution
I'd strongly suspect the power supply. Both behavior and how incredibly filthy the inside is. This amount of dust and dirt, I think I'd replace the PSU even if it were working.

tishawn.jacent

Commendable
Jul 29, 2018
Was this PC working before, and if so how long ago? Have you tried a different outlet, or have another cable?
Well I got it from a friend that has no use for it, and it was in bad shape, rear PCI frame damaged, dusty as heck, especially the PSU I cleaned the fan of the PSU but not inside, and when me and my dad opened the PSU to check for any voltage and continuity, there was absolutely none, I used both of my available generic power cables, Never changed the outlet though, but we checked for voltage in the outlet too, and there was power, and I was not using a UPS. I'll send some pictures of it.

TRENDING THREADS