[SOLVED] dell T7910 support hard disk storage of single 8 tb (i am using UEFI )

Jan 29, 2020
should dell 7910 support 8 tb of single hard disk support ?
and shoud i add more 4(four) 3.5 inch hard drive in system instead of installing additional 2.5 inch caddy
i wand to add more 3.5 inch hard drives in my dell 7910
i am using and install windows in pc by UEFI

Solution
Yes 8TB drive will work on that PC.
You do not have an option of installing more 3.5" HDD into this workstation internally. It is not a server chassis.
The Max you can have is 5 if you install one in the 5.25" drive bay.

If you have the optional LSi 9361 Riad card then you could route one of the mini-Sas connectors to an external box which houses an HBA and add as many drives as it will hold.

Another option would be to remove the motherboard and install it into a chassis that does have mounting points for more drives. That would involve quite a bit more work, possibly even modifying the new case and wiring, to make work. That motherboard was special to the case you have.
Jan 29, 2020
Not enough information.kindly tell me here
Should 8tb of single hard drive run on dell T7910
And there is option of 2.5 inch caddy with 4 drivers bay which is fit in dvd rom place

But the question is !
I want add more 3.5inch hard drives in system insted of 2.5 inch option
Note :-
Dell t7910 has 4 3.5 inch bay
And
1 5.25 inch bay where 4 more 2.5 inch hard drives instaling option
But i need to adjust more 3.5 inch hards insted of 2.5
Guid me in detail kindly

popatim

Titan
Yes 8TB drive will work on that PC.
You do not have an option of installing more 3.5" HDD into this workstation internally. It is not a server chassis.
The Max you can have is 5 if you install one in the 5.25" drive bay.

If you have the optional LSi 9361 Riad card then you could route one of the mini-Sas connectors to an external box which houses an HBA and add as many drives as it will hold.

Another option would be to remove the motherboard and install it into a chassis that does have mounting points for more drives. That would involve quite a bit more work, possibly even modifying the new case and wiring, to make work. That motherboard was special to the case you have.

Solution