Dell to Launch New Windows 8 Tablets in Late 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
We're evaluating the Surface Pro's... my only complaint is that I wish the screen was bigger/higher res. Other than that it's fantastic... Maybe Dell will think beyond 'me too' and whip up a high end full Win8 tablet. Until someone does that, I'm turning my ultrabook back in to IT and going with a Surface Pro for an ultralight (still have a 17" 'workstation' class laptop for heavy lifting). Having played around with a number of the lower capabability tablets (lower as in less processing power, simpler OS... media consumption devices) I can say that the Pro is a MUCH better fit for me (as a content creater more than a consumer).

groundhogdaze

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
I'm wanting the XPS 18 also. I hope it isn't too niche for Joe Average. If we can swap out the memory and the hard drive, I'd line up for one.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]I know somebody...somewhere...is excited about this. Just not me.[/citation]

You mean outside of Microsoft? If so, I'm not sure.

They should be using Temash chips, not crappy Bay Trail CPUs. It might be exciting then.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]Tran Khanh Vinh An[/nom]Pass...[/citation]
End of 2013. You cannot pass on a future product (or did you 'contribute' just to be negative?)

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom]You mean outside of Microsoft? If so, I'm not sure. They should be using Temash chips, not crappy Bay Trail CPUs. It might be exciting then.[/citation]I'm looking forward to seeing Temash in action as well, when it's out. It has to be released and sold to OEMs before they can build a tablet around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.