Dell vs. Asus

Status
Not open for further replies.

c11

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
Hello,
I am debating on the overall quality and performance the 2 Companies have to offer for anyone. Computer litterate or not. I want to know what you all think...My boss says "Asus sucks, you should get a dell"...My close friend says "Dell is the scum that is still at the bottom even after the barrel has been scrubbed"....Dell or Asus?

Solution
Dell used to give out a full windows cd instead of just restore partitions or restore CD which is a big plus in their favor. I am assuming they still do. As such, I lean Dell. But I have no experience with Asus computers. However they make great components(motherboards, GPU's, etc...)

Kraze7

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
My last Dell was 10 years ago lol and if I have to pick between the two I would go with Asus. Parts for Dell computers are from third party anyways.

If it's a desktop you might be better of building it yourself.

Dell used to give out a full windows cd instead of just restore partitions or restore CD which is a big plus in their favor. I am assuming they still do. As such, I lean Dell. But I have no experience with Asus computers. However they make great components(motherboards, GPU's, etc...)

Solution

Kraze7

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
If I'm not mistaken companies are no longer provide restore CD and if you want one you'll have to pay extra. I could be wrong lol haven't buy any pre-made pc since I build my own.

c11

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
Thank you guys!! Needless to say....I went for the dell....Just because I have never worked on asus machines and Dell @ work is all i know....Next one will for sure be a Asus though..i think ;)

rdeponio1

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011

Dell computers fall in to 2 general categories: Home and Business. If you are purchasing a machine from Dell's home computer line from online, or from Best Buy, Office Depot, etc. you will not see the same reliability as the business machine.

In this case, I would go with the Asus. It is a better choice.

If purchasing from the Dell business line, Dell would be the best choice. See the review from TechRepublic on Asus vs Dell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS