Question Dell Wireless Keyboard and Mouse (KM3322W) Lagging

animationbruno

Honorable
Jun 12, 2018
Hi, I recently bought a Dell Wireless Keyboard and Mouse combo, KM3322W. The USB Receiver is plugged to a Desktop, TUF X570 Plus Motherboard with a AMD Ryzen 9 3900x. I tried all the different USB ports of my Desktop, it has more than 4 in the back, and 2 in the front of the case. In any port, is causing lagging on the mouse, sometimes the lagging disappears for a moment, sometimes it comes back, sometimes it completely freezes the mouse for 1 second. Very weird. What can I do to fix this please? Thanks

animationbruno

Honorable
Jun 12, 2018
Does the lagging still happen if you use just the mouse (keyboard turned off)?
Thanks Ivt, you are totally right! Never thought of that ??!! Removing the batteries from the Dell bluetooth keyboard (because it doesn't have a on/off button) and just keeping the mouse with batteries made the mouse stop lagging. The mouse was super responsive and fine without the keyboard. But this is a Dell combo, why is this happening? Is there a fix ? Thanks

Thanks Ivt, you are totally right! Never thought of that ??!! Removing the batteries from the Dell bluetooth keyboard (because it doesn't have a on/off button) and just keeping the mouse with batteries made the mouse stop lagging. The mouse was super responsive and fine without the keyboard. But this is a Dell combo, why is this happening? Is there a fix ? Thanks

The fact that both devices use the same Bluetooth dongle might be the cause (on some computers).

Of course you can use more than one device on the Bluetooth but sometimes weird things can happen.

I personally encountered an interference issue with my phone's Bluetooth, if I connect a wireless headset and a Huawei Fit watch to my phone, everything works fine, but if I wear my other smartwatch like the Huawei GT2, both devices (watch and headset) will disconnect themselves from time to time and I have to Unpair then Pair them again.

So for your case, please try the combo on another computer or laptop to see if the problem persists. If it does, the product is not good enough, if it doesn't, your computer is the culprit.

The solution is to buy mouse and keyboard separately, each with its own Bluetooth dongle.

animationbruno

Honorable
Jun 12, 2018
Thanks @lvt
I tried different combinations in my Bios, and the on who solved the problem was switching the USB Legacy option to Auto. There are 3 options available:

USB LEGACY (ASUS X570 PLUS BR)
  • Auto
  • Disable
  • Enable

It was on " Enable" before. When I put it in Auto mode, that only activates when detects legacy usb devices, the lagging stoped.

Interesting .
Thank you again for all your advice.

Reactions: lvt