Dell's 3D Laptops: Yes, They Can Play Crysis 2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]...start foaming at the mouth and talking about how overpriced and stupid they are.I have one and can say that they are not that stupidly overpriced and the quality and performance are both quite exceptional by laptop standards..citation]
You do realize that before they were aquired by dell they were crazy-expensive for what you got, right? not $8000 but still high.

[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]120Hz LCD is great at 2D too. Very smooth gaming.[/citation]you do realize that if your source is only 60hz then the frames in between are pure black right? also without vsync on 120hz can cause artifacts.

bounty

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
Interesting, I just went to Alienware.com and they show the current M17x "Starting at $1,799" I doubt they're going to lower the price range of that system 300$ while at the same time upgrading it's starting specs from 1440x900 60hz to 1920x1080 120hz. But, hey if they do then cool.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]crysis 2 is probably not that good looking if a laptop can play it in 3D without any problem.SCREW CONSOLES[/citation]

The PS3 can play Crysis 2...

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]bounty[/nom]Interesting, I just went to Alienware.com and they show the current M17x "Starting at $1,799" I doubt they're going to lower the price range of that system 300$ while at the same time upgrading it's starting specs from 1440x900 60hz to 1920x1080 120hz. But, hey if they do then cool.[/citation]
The R3 (new one at CES) should be on the website on Monday (1/10/11). So far rumors are that it is single GPU and the 120Hz screen will be an option, meaning not the default config. Alienware/Dell also confirmed the $1499 starting price.....

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]crysis 2 is probably not that good looking if a laptop can play it in 3D without any problem.SCREW CONSOLES[/citation]
Crytek's 3d method does the job without any performance hit, plus that laptop was playing Crysis 2 on high , not very high gfx settings , and I doubt they enabled any AA.
So stop bitching and wait till the game is released , only then we can see how good Crysis 2 looks maxed out on a PC....

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]Crytek's 3d method does the job without any performance hit, plus that laptop was playing Crysis 2 on high , not very high gfx settings , and I doubt they enabled any AA.So stop bitching and wait till the game is released , only then we can see how good Crysis 2 looks maxed out on a PC....[/citation]
the game was developed with consoles in mind so it probably will look like shit

sahall91

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2010
Anyone who buys this would be dumb to begin with, already owning an xps 17 i've learned the motherboards dell use burn out after 1 year consistently on this model and many other xps laptops like it. The battery charge funtion stops working and the laptop will operate in degraded mode scaling all performance to virtually nill.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]ssddx[/nom]you do realize that if your source is only 60hz then the frames in between are pure black right? also without vsync on 120hz can cause artifacts.[/citation]
Actually, a copy of the frame will be introduced, but it won't be black. So it does produce a smoother experience in games and movies.

osxsier

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
Dell quality lately is iffy. Saying that, I agree with the person who said that the WASD keys is right in the way of the mousepad. WTF were they thinking on that? If its a gaming laptop, they should of put in the center. I dont get it.

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]osxsier[/nom]Dell quality lately is iffy. Saying that, I agree with the person who said that the WASD keys is right in the way of the mousepad. WTF were they thinking on that? If its a gaming laptop, they should of put in the center. I dont get it.[/citation]

who uses a touch pad? get a mouse you bum

osxsier

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
Obviously I would use a mouse dumb ass. But if your trying to move and your arm is over the mouse pad, how many times are you going to accidently hit the mouse pad? That is my concern.

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]osxsier[/nom]Obviously I would use a mouse dumb ass. But if your trying to move and your arm is over the mouse pad, how many times are you going to accidently hit the mouse pad? That is my concern.[/citation]
so turn it off it's not hard nor rocket science

whooleo

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
"Nvidia GeForce GT 555M graphics card" Don't you mean GeForce GT 445M because they are both the exact same thing... and if this can play crysis 2 at high then the crytek engine is really optimized or the graphics aren't ground breaking like we think...

quantumrand

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
It's PAINFULLY obvious that Crysis 2 was designed with the console in mind...The game looks horrible, tons of low quality, flat looking textures and needlessly low polygon counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.