1.) On the go constantly
2.) A LAN party addict
3.) Don't believe in upgrades
4.) Get dizzy without 3D
5.) One of those people who have cutting edge everything regardless of need

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]von death[/nom]Get this if you are1.) On the go constantly2.) A LAN party addict3.) Don't believe in upgrades4.) Get dizzy without 3D5.) One of those people who have cutting edge everything regardless of need[/citation]

You forgot about:

6.) Have $8000 to spend on a laptop

This makes me want one even more, because when I'm on the go for weeks at a time sometimes I wish my laptop could deliver, sure it can play Crysis but only at a low resolution..

This is the kind of power I need, but at such a high cost i think it's cheaper to build a portable desktop.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Not surprised in can play C2 in 3d , since Crytek has made their own 3d method that doesn't lower the frame rate at all.

But I believe this shit will struggle with nvidia's 3d vision.

th_at

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
If it overheats (and throttles) under what should be considered intended usage of the machine, it is faulty design. If they sell it for thousands of dollars, they should get sued.

jcb82

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
[citation][nom]th_at[/nom]If it overheats (and throttles) under what should be considered intended usage of the machine, it is faulty design. If they sell it for thousands of dollars, they should get sued.[/citation]

I totally agree.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]You forgot about:6.) Have $8000 to spend on a laptopThis makes me want one even more, because when I'm on the go for weeks at a time sometimes I wish my laptop could deliver, sure it can play Crysis but only at a low resolution..This is the kind of power I need, but at such a high cost i think it's cheaper to build a portable desktop.[/citation]
And they state in the article that it is $1500

Reading comprehension....idiot

moomooman

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]And they state in the article that it is $1500Reading comprehension....idiot[/citation]

Cant you be civil? Is it necessary to indulge in name calling on Toms Hardware?

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
Damn you! Build a mini ITX, put it in your backpack, save money. ASUS M4A88T-I, Thermaltake Element Q VL52021N2U, XFX HD-577X-ZMF3.

phantomtrooper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]And they state in the article that it is $1500Reading comprehension....idiot[/citation]

Note that the $1,500 is the starting price. Alienware computers get very expensive very fast when you actually configure them

Be0wulf22

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
[citation][nom]moomooman[/nom]Cant you be civil? Is it necessary to indulge in name calling on Toms Hardware?[/citation]

You must be new here. :)

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]PhantomTrooper[/nom]Note that the $1,500 is the starting price. Alienware computers get very expensive very fast when you actually configure them[/citation]
They actually do not get that expensive.....A well configured one with dual gpus and the extreme proc is almost always under $4k unless you go with the max available ram and dual ssds and the highest warranty option.....

They were expensive 6 years ago but it is a different company now (Dell)

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
I just get really fed up every time there is an article about Alienware and the ignorant (majority are in regards to high end laptops) readers of Toms Hardware start foaming at the mouth and talking about how overpriced and stupid they are.

I have one and can say that they are not that stupidly overpriced and the quality and performance are both quite exceptional by laptop standards. And no, I am not just trying to justify my purchase - I am legitimately happy with what I got and do not regret spending the money at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.