Dell's All-in-One Hits U.S. at $699

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Wi-Fi is an optional Add-on? And integrated Wi-Fi to boot! Who wants to clutter up an all-in-one by running an ethernet cable to it?

The optional wireless keyboard and mouse are nice, but they aren't blue-tooth. What do you do a year from now when your dell keyboard dies past warranty?

himoses

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Still using my Dell keyboard from my old Dell Dimension 4400 purchased in 2001.

(Then I got smart and started to build my own computers.)

Kill@dor

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Water cooling on a Q8200 anyone? Running this machine at 100% 24/7 should kill it in 3 months...then you will have to call "Dell's Special Customer Service in India" and they will script you troubleshoots or route you to another rep for 2hours because the department you are trying to reach has 2hour minimum wait limit ^_^

I gave up on dell a long time ago...long, long time ago. Enjoy!

98silvz71

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2008
[citation][nom]himoses[/nom]Still using my Dell keyboard from my old Dell Dimension 4400 purchased in 2001.(Then I got smart and started to build my own computers.)[/citation]

Me too. Wish I wasn't so dang cheap.

Wayoffbase

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
As far as we’re concerned it’s a sleek looking machine with decent specs to boot but we’d like to see a 24-inch version at a higher price point with a dedicated GPU.

Why bother? All-in-one aren't, and probably shouldn't, be geared towards any kind of gaming. I would recommend something like this to my wife/in-laws/grandparents/or kid, on the off chance that I didn't feel like building one for them.

Kill@dor

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Wayoffbase[/nom]Why bother? All-in-one aren't, and probably shouldn't, be geared towards any kind of gaming. I would recommend something like this to my wife/in-laws/grandparents/or kid, on the off chance that I didn't feel like building one for them.[/citation]

I agree. No hard gaming on this one...Price point for me really isn't quite worth it either. Sorry Dell ^_^

etrnl_frost

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
[citation][nom]98Silvz71[/nom]Me too. Wish I wasn't so dang cheap.[/citation]
It's more than that. You have more control over what goes on the computer. It runs smoother simply because of that. No futzing around with repartitioning hard drives and begging for OS install discs :D

cletus_slackjawd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
To Dell: Keep this concept but change the monitor to a minimum 42" LCD, blue tooth for control of the keyboard/mouse pointer, and add a stealthed blueray drive slot loaded drive on the side. Either that or just send me one of these to demo for you.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Wi-Fi is an optional Add-on? And integrated Wi-Fi to boot! Who wants to clutter up an all-in-one by running an ethernet cable to it?The optional wireless keyboard and mouse are nice, but they aren't blue-tooth. What do you do a year from now when your dell keyboard dies past warranty?[/citation]

This would work well if the multitouch is good, for my kitchen. And I've got ethernet behind the wall, just need to pop it out behind where I'd mount it. Wireless is worthless for any real data transfers, even N sucks compared to my gig network. Try streaming 1080p to a PS3 via wireless with anything else going on.

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
I've seen Apple do the same. Now we have PCs making all-in-ones. Whether it's an Apple or PC... I DON'T GET IT. You can tell me all day that it's sylish, chic, or space saving... but for each price point of these all-ones computers something better. A laptop.

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
[citation][nom]starryman[/nom]I've seen Apple do the same. Now we have PCs making all-in-ones. Whether it's an Apple or PC... I DON'T GET IT. You can tell me all day that it's sylish, chic, or space saving... but for each price point of these all-ones computers something better. A laptop.[/citation]

I've seen Apple do the same. Now we have PCs making all-in-ones. Whether it's an Apple or PC... I DON'T GET IT. You can tell me all day that it's sylish, chic, or space saving... but for the price point of these all-in-one computers, there's something better. A laptop.

Wow look like trouble to me.
Wouldn't touch that with a 100 foot pole.
Just like a laptop, this guy will overheat and die just after the guarantee expires, trust me on this one.

If you buy, good luck with RMA in India,

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS