Dell's Convertible Inspiron Laptop is Also Genius

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingArcher

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
That was cool. But it looks like its got a limited viewing angle.
I guess since its a tablet/laptop combo, you'll be looking at it head-on and won't be a problem.

thorkle

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]drakefyre[/nom]That's gonna break fast.[/citation]
I'd say it a lot sturdier than what is out there already. All the others rely on one hinge in the center, whereas this one at least has to hinges to spread any impact that may happen. This is the first Dell product that I think might be worth the Dell premium.

G

the idea HINGES on well the HINGE so its silly to think thats the piece they are going to cheap out on.

dtm4trix

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
I like the idea, I think its a pretty thick device at the moment, but given a couple years of development I would like to see it be as thin as the current iPad, then I could definitely consider buying one of these.

mahonj

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2007
I wonder who owns the patent for that swivel action ?

It looks like a really good idea, but could use some development and a range of machines - there is no need to fix on a 10" screen and an Atom, you could go to at least 14" and core 3 or 5 as part of a range.

The swivel screen is such a good idea - now why didn't I think of that ??

It is nice to see Dell innovating; value is fine, but it needs a little fizz, and this is it.

subasteve5800

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
It's certainly a nice idea. I gotta wonder if the Atom is a little too slow for Win 7 with touch enabled. There is nothing more frustrating than an unresponsive touchscreen. Who knows though... maybe the dual core will surprise me. IMO if I was in the market for a convertible tablet I would still go with HP's TM2. With the upgrades to an i5-430um and the ATI (or I guess AMD now)mobility 5450 you could even get some gaming in on it. Not Crysis certainly but SC2 would be possible (although I'd recommend a mouse, the synaptics touch-pad sucks). Just my thoughts.

moeswow

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
how was it laggy... last time i checked even on my i7 it took a vid a sec or so to startup. And its also a netbook with Win 7 prem so im impressed

derstarke

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
It's laggy because when he went to do stuff, it lagged. All that you're saying is that your i7 and Windows 7 is also laggy. I for one would like to NOT have any lag.

Regardless, did you see what happened when he was scrolling through the music application? It was super slow and not responsive.

sailfish

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
It seemed a little sluggish with several apps. My guess is that the dual core Atom saddled with Win7 just doesn't have the horsies needed to make it a pleasant experience. However, I like the concept a lot. Either Intel needs to up the Atom's performance or Microsoft needs to kernalize and remove a lot of bloat Win7 for these types of devices.

DeltaEdge

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
This video would be better if we didn't hear some yokel typing 24/7 in the background. I wonder what the final retail price will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS