Dells - Sold Locally ?

Tman

I had a buddy at work come in nd tell me that he went to a local Dell
Solutions store.

He said they actually had the systems right there.

He said the 1st 10 days were warrantied by that store, then thru Dell.

Anyone heard of these ?

Are they legit ?

Any disadvantages going thru them?

TIA.

Tman

"Tman" <mt-trand6@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> I had a buddy at work come in nd tell me that he went to a local Dell
> Solutions store.
>
> He said they actually had the systems right there.
>
> He said the 1st 10 days were warrantied by that store, then thru Dell.
>
> Anyone heard of these ?
>
> Are they legit ?
>
> Any disadvantages going thru them?
>
> TIA.
>
> Tman

To my knowledge, Dell has spurned the idea of any brick and mortar retail
presence, limiting those types of ideas to mall kiosks and I think a
short-lived experiment with Sears.

I'm curious as to the general location of said store. It would seem to
either be another cooperative experiment, or a third party running a real
risk of lawsuit if they're using the "Dell" name in the business.

Not really sure. Why not call the store and ask the manager? Don't know
about anyone else, but I'd be interested to hear what you find.

Good luck

Stew

S.Lewis wrote:
> "Tman" <mt-trand6@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> I had a buddy at work come in nd tell me that he went to a local Dell
>> Solutions store.
>>
>> He said they actually had the systems right there.
>>
>> He said the 1st 10 days were warrantied by that store, then thru
>> Dell.
>>
>> Anyone heard of these ?
>>
>> Are they legit ?
>>
>> Any disadvantages going thru them?
>>
>> TIA.
>>
>> Tman
>>

> To my knowledge, Dell has spurned the idea of any brick and mortar
> retail presence, limiting those types of ideas to mall kiosks and I
> think a short-lived experiment with Sears.
>
> I'm curious as to the general location of said store. It would seem
> to either be another cooperative experiment, or a third party running
> a real risk of lawsuit if they're using the "Dell" name in the
> business.
>
> Not really sure. Why not call the store and ask the manager? Don't
> know about anyone else, but I'd be interested to hear what you find.

Look here for a location near you.
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/kiosk?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

--

Rob
Q: "What did the redneck say right before he died?"

Except those just let you see them, not take them home. They're shipped
like any other Dell. The OP said the store actually had them in stock.

Tom