Question Desktop pc not turning on

zeus.almighty81

Honorable
Dec 28, 2017
My desktop suddenly turned itself off and now not turning back on.

When I unplug, replug and press power, the light blinks for a second, fans turn a little and then nothing. After that it don’t even blinks or spins the fans unless I unplug and replug.

The board however has light.

I have uploaded a video to see as well.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/-gjE__i3UR0?si=FWNu3INd5zKLxIfs

Hardware is as follows:

ASUS Z270 Prime mobo
Intel i7700k
8GB Corasair Vengence LPX DDR 2400
Cooler Master 650w Bronze PSU
EVGA GTX 1070
2 SSDs and 1 4 TB Seagate HDD

What could be the reason?

Jul 10, 2024
Is that crap loads of dust in there? Suggest if it is, then disconnect everything. Totally clean interior of case and components using compressed air blower. Then try re-booting system with the bare basics of video card & ram. dont connect any drives or external devices, such as mouse, keyboard etc. See if it boots into BIOS. It's always handy if you have other parts you can swap to narrow down the problem. Video Card, RAM, Power Supply etc.
Note: I have had a system that would not boot. Pressure blew the dust out of motherboard and RAM slots and re-seated the RAM and there we have boot.
(Just for anyone's curiosity on what dust can do in your system apart from the overheating problems)

zeus.almighty81

Honorable
Dec 28, 2017
Thank for the quick response KL.

I cleaned it, and disconnected everything, even the connected fans. It is still the same.

Havent taken out the processor though. If you recommend, i can take it out and try.

There was no overheating issue even with games and max temps reached where around 70c.

It simply suddenly died.

Jul 10, 2024
Unfortunately will not boot at all without the processor in.
You would think if it was the power switch then no power would be getting through. Do you have another power supply you can connect and try?

Last edited:

zeus.almighty81

Honorable
Dec 28, 2017
Unfortunately will not boot at all without the processor in.
You would think if it was the power switch then no power would be getting through. Do you have another power supply you can connect and try?
Unfortunately no. I'll take out the supply today to check if the fan on it is working.

If not, i'll take it to repair shop and then we'll c what could be the problem