Detonator

G

I got CardExpert GeForce2 MX with drivers. I downloaded Detonator 3 drivers from www.nvidia.com and didn't see a difference in Quake3 Arena or MDK2 (still shows me 52 frames, Tom's Hardware Guide says that Detonator 3 improves frames a lot). When I download drivers from www.gainward.com - it tell sme about missing files and when I restart computer it shows a black screen!. What drivers are the best? Plaese, help!
Thank You
manarch

mpjesse

Splendid
Detonator drivers are the best performing drivers. However, there might be compatibility issues- which is rare. Try the Det. 3 667 drivers.

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Suck"

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You did not know this, but your original drivers WERE detonator 3! There are several versions of the Detonator 3, the most common official release was the 6.31, most (all maybe?) newer versions are beta. Anyway, manufacturers take the origianal drivers (detonator 3 in this case), add their logo to them, and maybe a few tweaking features. So you already had a version of the Detonator 3, only with extra stuff added. Use your original driver for now, unless you want to play with the beta versions.

Suicide is painless...........

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I've seen good results with the 6.67 and 10.80 drivers. Bottom line is use the version which works with your motherboard/card combo. You might want to just batch download about 4 fairly different versions and try each of them out.