Deus Ex: HR Played on AMD Eyefinity 5x1 Portrait

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
[citation][nom]beardguy[/nom]Why not just hook up your PC to a big screen plasma or LCD? I hook my PC up to my 50" plasma and it works flawless, no lag at all. The whole bezel dividers really throw off the immersion factor IMO.[/citation]

Same, I rather use my Plasma (42" at the moment) than having multiple screens. I know that in a few years my main computer will be connected to a 70" screen (or larger) for both movies and gaming.

Not really interested on 3D, although by then if the "fad" is still going it might have 3D then even if I don't want it.

ChromeTusk

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010

Reminds me of the screen used for "Soarin' Over California" at Disney's California Adventure.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]christop[/nom]Looks a little choppy to me.. The bezels suck looks like playing threw a 5 pane window.[/citation]
You've never looked out a window for a while have you? Focus on what you are looking at and your mind will get rid of the bezels, the only way you will see the bezels is if you focus on them too much, focus on the game and you will end up ignoring them. My friend has a 3 monitor setup he uses for games and it's very easy to get into the game so much that you don't even notice the bezels at all.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

You know nothing. It's not a cheap keyboard. Can you buy cheap white keyboards nowadays? Thought so! It's one of these old indesructible mechanical keyboards. I'm using one myself and it's impossible to damage the damn thing, let alone get the keys stuck or something. I'd only change it for a very expensive Logitech... HESITANTLY. Frankly, I'd prefer to mod my keyboard and add backlight.

Prince_Porter

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
With this, there is an extremely profitable market for any company that developers a monitor with little to know edges around the screen. Those borders are absolutely annoying, and while I'm impressed with the technology, I would rather use my 28" and not see as much.

erikstarcher

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]You've never looked out a window for a while have you? Focus on what you are looking at and your mind will get rid of the bezels, the only way you will see the bezels is if you focus on them too much, focus on the game and you will end up ignoring them. My friend has a 3 monitor setup he uses for games and it's very easy to get into the game so much that you don't even notice the bezels at all.[/citation]

^ This ^
I have been using 3X1 landscape for a while now and you easily loose sight of the bezels. 5X1 may be different because of how narrow the center screen is, but in landscape they are about as noticeable as the windshield pillars in your car. I doubt most of the people complaining have ever tried it for more than a few minutes.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
[citation][nom]BlackHawk91[/nom]1080p on a 50" screen looks horrible and you can't get a surround experience.[/citation]

It in fact looks awesome. I cannot tell any difference between my LCD and my plasma even though the 2 have the same max resolution. My LCD is 23" and my plasma is a 50". I was expecting it to look like garbage, but I was really surprised.

And as far as surround goes, I prefer good headphones over surround anyway :)

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
I run nvidia surround with 3 monitors, the bezels didn't bother me one bit. Only thing that sucks is performance, even with 3x monitors, it takes a real beast of a system to run.I had to upgrade to 2x 580 GTXs just to get all my games to run at 60fps. 5x monitors, probably won't be enough GPU horse power out there to play games on max settings / resolution with all that. (maybe I'm pick though, but I like keeping my games around the 60fps mark or higher.)

oxxfatelostxxo

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Er.... projectors... pfft.... how bout gaming monitors with like almost 0 bezel?.... ive seen multi screen curved monitors, that you cant even tell there are multi screens unless up close

ChromeTusk

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010

I think he meant a visual surround experience. The additional monitors add to the peripheral vision while playing and helps immerse the player into the game.

G

How about ONE decent HMD? Why is there so little interest in HMDs???

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]You've never looked out a window for a while have you? Focus on what you are looking at and your mind will get rid of the bezels, the only way you will see the bezels is if you focus on them too much, focus on the game and you will end up ignoring them. My friend has a 3 monitor setup he uses for games and it's very easy to get into the game so much that you don't even notice the bezels at all.[/citation]The bezels looks horrible. Get over it.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
[citation][nom]ChromeTusk[/nom]I think he meant a visual surround experience. The additional monitors add to the peripheral vision while playing and helps immerse the player into the game.[/citation]

Oh, I think you are right :) There is something to be said about that being more immersive actually.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]The bezels looks horrible. Get over it.[/citation]
Are you planning on looking at the bezel or the image on the screen? Like I said, look at the images and your mind will strip the bezels away, the brain is great that way, it's ability to focus and remove unneeded info is amazing. If you keep thinking that the bezels are there then of course you will notice them, but then again you won't exactly be paying all that much attention to the game, stop thinking about them and you will be fine.

darkgauntlett

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
[citation][nom]dribblesbarbax[/nom]Even if money wasnt a problem i still wouldnt go with this setup. A big ass monitor would still be my preference[/citation]

I have a 42" TV sitting above a triple monitor set-up. I say it depends on the game but 90% of the time, multiple monitor is much better. You don't see the bezels when you play.

Status
Not open for further replies.