Deus Ex: HR Played on AMD Eyefinity 5x1 Portrait

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

well, i previously suggested using projectors to eliminate the bezels. dunno if anyone has done that yet...

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
I am waiting for the mobile Eyefinity laptops to take off... I regularly use 2 24 inch LCD's with my laptop at work and find it a really horrible experience using non-Eyefinity GPU's. You would think that Alienware or other semi-high end manufacturers would start putting 4 and 6 port Eyefinity steps on their 14 and 17 inch laptops.....

stoogie

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
[citation][nom]beardguy[/nom]Why not just hook up your PC to a big screen plasma or LCD? I hook my PC up to my 50" plasma and it works flawless, no lag at all. The whole bezel dividers really throw off the immersion factor IMO.[/citation]

because plasmas are very low resolution, and also lag. cough 45ms 2011 lcd tv's ips ones, 130ms with any HZ enhancing tech e.g. 120hz 200hz motionflow, its utter crap for games

G

Monitors with removable left/right/top/bottom bezels, that can be firmly connected and combined with each other. Hey Samsung, do you hear?

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]Projectors may be the only true bezel free solution out there. Kudos for bringing that to light: I honestly never thought to put a couple projectors together in this way. You would need some MAD wall space to make this work right...[/citation]

not really, there are a few good 1080 projectors out there that can hit a wall and make a good display at 2 feet away, but correct me if im wrong, projectors are hot as hell, i remember in school we needed to have air conditioner on in summer because the thing would get so hot... but this is about 7 years ago, on a 5 year old at the time high end projector. i don't know how good the solutions are now, at least as far as heating and cooling goes.

[citation][nom]rosen380[/nom]Are there projectors that can match the resolution displayed here [I'm guessing something like 6000x1900]? Or are you suggesting a multiple projector setup that lines up multiple images just perfectly to provide a seemless image? I know Silicon Graphics had a system like that, like 10 years ago [I think called 'reality centers'] that were setups that consisted of huge bits of hardware and cost in the six-figure range[/citation]

correct me if im wrong, but there are projectors that go WELL beyond 6000x1920, but they are cost prohibitive. we are talking about multi porjector.

[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]With all of the creative talent out there... why hasn't anyone made their very own case for all 5 screens? I would if I had the cash. I would dissect all 5 right down to the bare screen and mush them all together. That bezel has got to be annoying, although the portrait setup seems to do it justice.[/citation]

there are a few that a commercially sold. but in all honesty, outside of driving games, a single 2560x1600 at 30 inch is more than enough. most people will deal with the bezzle before they gut the monitors and risk irreparably damaging them

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
[citation][nom]stoogie[/nom]because plasmas are very low resolution, and also lag. cough 45ms 2011 lcd tv's ips ones, 130ms with any HZ enhancing tech e.g. 120hz 200hz motionflow, its utter crap for games[/citation]

I think you are confusing Plasma with LCD. Most Plasma's have around a 2-4ms response time, and a reported "600Hz" refresh rate (which is more marketing than truth).

The "enhancing tech of 120Hz or 200Hz" you are referring to is for LCD's. You won't see any plasma's with 120 or 200Hz. LCD's with this tech indeed lag really bad (I know from personal experience) LCD's are not as good with response time (unless you buy a top-notch one).

And as for the "low resolution" of plasma's. I don't know the technical details, but I can assure you resolution is not the only factor in picture quality. Your eyes would not be able to tell the difference between a monitor and large screen plasma TV with the same resolution (or at least mine can't). HDMI scales quite well.

philharmonik

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
[citation][nom]BlackHawk91[/nom]1080p on a 50" screen looks horrible and you can't get a surround experience.[/citation]

I hook my gaming pc up to my 50" HD tv all the time and get surround. I use an optical digital cable from my motherboards SPDIF to my amplifier. Digital Surround with 1080p. BOOM!

hannibal

Distinguished
Well, this would be just fine with space ship shooter or something similar where you can think that those besels are just window frames or something similar.
But all in all this tells that modern GPU are good for much better resolution than we use normally nowadays!

Status
Not open for further replies.