Deus Ex: Human Revolution Performance Analysis

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

hey guys just need a little help,
Just need to know what settings i can downgrade to improve performance cpu wise?
i got a gtx 560 but a dual core intel, so gpu dependant settings are excellent but i dont know what really impacts the cpu cos thats not that great. thanks

Fokissed

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
[citation][nom]Twong[/nom]Can anyone explain why enabling Vsnyc causes massive mouse lag? (This is on a i5, 580 gtx, 3gig ram, win7, dx11 comp)[/citation]
Try enabling triple buffering, double buffering stops the GPU once it finishes rendering, which makes each frame almost 1 frame behind. (disabling triple buffering can also help, most of the time its backwards)

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
[citation][nom]amigafan[/nom]Eh my 6970 could max this out no problem, but my Athlon X2 5600 would choke. Eagerly waiting for Bulldozer...[/citation]

why do you have a 6970 and an athlon? why not just get a phenom for ~$80 til BD comes out?

verbalizer

Distinguished

that doesn't prove your case...
I think you're in over your head.
just know that a 955BE is not an ouch, they can it 4.0GHz on air BTW..
but then you do not have one do you, just misinterpreting an article..

G

Tried this on a Core i3 and GTX460M- runs buttery smooth with everything on. Not really a looker this game, rather sterile too but maybe thats just the intention of the developer given the similar styles of the other Deus Ex games.

Still enjoying this a lot though, great gameplay if slightly dated visuals. Could teach a few devs some lessons maybe, sacrificing cutting edge graphics to concentrate on the core gameplay.....

taiso

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
well excuse me mr cheney while i run my lowly phenom II 940, clocked at 965 specs and maxes out this game fully. but i guess a if a 955 is so ouch i must be lying about my 940 eh?

scrumworks

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]aznshinobi[/nom]Hmm... The Nvidia cards perform better than the AMD cards of equivalent rank. I'm not playing fanboy but didn't AMD fund the studio? Afterall Eyefinity was made use of.[/citation]

Hey, this is Tom's and that's "Don" doing the review. One of the most notorious nvidia biased sites on the web. Only he can make AMD favorable game look bad in comparison.

Check for a real UNBIASED review here:
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article/2011/08/22/deus_ex_human_revolution_performance_preview/2

scrumworks

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]aznshinobi[/nom]Hmm... The Nvidia cards perform better than the AMD cards of equivalent rank. I'm not playing fanboy but didn't AMD fund the studio? Afterall Eyefinity was made use of.[/citation]

AMD cards are performing better[citation][nom]Cleeve[/nom]What's to trust? Unless they're using the exact same platform they'll get slightly different results. Who gives a damn about a few FPS here or there in real life?Aside from that, it doesn't matter much what GPU you get for this game as long as it's at least a 5770 or GTX 550 Ti. A 6850 or 460 is plenty if you want it really smooth.Anything more for Deus Ex is bragging rights for your e-penis, unless you're playing 2560x1600 or with unholy resolutions with Eyefinity/Surroundview.[/citation]

At least I trust somebody else than you. You have a long track record of dissing ATI/AMD GPUs or just making nvidia cards look better regardless of situation. The point is (as anyone with half a brain understands), which one is better in a fair fight. People do care about few FPS here or there if the other one has higher score. Call it e-penis or whatever you want but its a huge weapon in marketing and image. You have spent a lot of effort to make AMD cards look inferior to nvidia cards in this AMD funded title.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

First of all, that review is garbage. They test only two cards... and on what? i7-920 with 6GB RAM? Wasn't it said that the game is more CPU-heavy? Alright, then the conclusion clearly states that nVidia will give you better visual experience than AMD there. Also, the 580 perfrorms on par with 6970 there, so I don't know what you're talking about. Tom's isn't nVidia-biased... quite the opposite, actually :D

we_san

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
^
For this article...
If somebody said toms is not toward the green, then he/she is st***d.
Just as hardocp is toward the red.
toms did'nt include 2560 because it will put the red at the top.
same as hardocp only test 2560 because the rest will put the green at the top.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

No u. I've seen too many benchmarks on Tom's where AMD kicked nVidia's ass to believe that's true. Almost unbelievable, some of them. Makes me wonder why anyone buys nVidia at all :)

lol. this starts becoming AMD (ATI) vs nvidia again :na:. bias or not both site use different resolution to conduct their test so no direct comparison can be made. hard ocp always using the fastest and second fastest card from both camp and the highest resolution (for single monitor) for their test. this is good for people with such uber setup but for those who only have mainstream machine they can't look at it to roughly judge how the game perform on their machine. bias or not i prefer toms better because they include a few cards from entry level to high end. i'm not saying it was perfect but still it was better to have more data rather than only from the high end setups. / end of rant :p

amigafan

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
[citation][nom]fyasko[/nom]why do you have a 6970 and an athlon? why not just get a phenom for ~$80 til BD comes out?[/citation]
My GeForce 8600 died recently so I replaced it with HD6970 because I'm planning new build when BD comes out anyway.

we_san

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
AMD: bench deus ex hardocp
hardocp: you can only win if the res is 2560
AMD: ok, show only 2560
nVidia: AMD beat ours at 2560, quick toms counter this bench,try other res
toms: ha.. you win almost all res except 2560
nVidia: ok just not show 2560

[citation][nom]we_san[/nom]AMD: bench deus ex hardocphardocp: you can only win if the res is 2560AMD: ok, show only 2560nVidia: AMD beat ours at 2560, quick toms counter this bench,try other restoms: ha.. you win almost all res except 2560nVidia: ok just not show 2560[/citation]

lol. if you put it like that both site are reporting the truth isn't it? :lol:

we_san

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]No u. I've seen too many benchmarks on Tom's where AMD kicked nVidia's ass to believe that's true. Almost unbelievable, some of them. Makes me wonder why anyone buys nVidia at all[/citation]
If you still don't get it, then just like scrum said, you don't even have just a half ...

Status
Not open for further replies.