Question Devices connected to repeater cannot see devices connected to the main router?

vvstorm2

Commendable
Feb 20, 2021
I have ISP branded xPON wifi router (which is essentially rebranded AC1200 from Gigabit).
I have setup another Tenda router (AC10) as a repeater (tried both modes- WISP and Client+AP)
My PC is connected to the repeater.

I can access PC folders from Android phone via SMB only when the phone is connected to the repeater.
If I move around the house and my phone switches to the main router then the phone cannot connect to PC to access the folders via SMB.

How do i enable seamless connection between my phone and PC irrespective of whether the phone/PC is connected to the repeater or router ?

vvstorm2

Commendable
Feb 20, 2021
set the repeater to Universal Repeater mode, select the wifi from your main router
check if the repeater gets the ip address by dhcp from the main router.
be sure the client´s ip address is in range of the main router as well.
Thanks for the reply.
The issue is resolved now. All I had to do was to turn off the DHCP on Tenda repeater.
I got confused earlier and couldn't find the DHCP setting earleir in the router management page because Tenda doesn't show DHCP setting when already using as a repeater.
So i had to start off fresh by resetting the router and turning off DHCP first and then configuring it as a repeater.

Reactions: helpstar