[SOLVED] Devolo Powerline 1200 WiFi - devices connecting to Virgin Superhub

Mar 23, 2021
I have a Devolo Powerline 1200 WiFi downstairs, had it quite a while now, its not new. Also have a Virgin Superhub upstairs. For a while everything was working well, now though devices keep on connecting to the Virgin Superhub which is upstairs and further away.

When things do connect to the Powerline it is much better. It has been an issue lately with using Zoom downstairs and connection keeps on coming in and out.

Apart from making the WiFi name different, and forgetting other networks on the devices when I want to connect downstairs, are there some settings that I can change or check over please?

Thanks

Andrew

Solution
It "should" at least in theory pick the strongest signal. Your problem is you actually have too much signal overlapping. It does not want to scan for a different wifi source since that causes a drop every time it does it.

Normally all you do is stop and start the wifi radio and it should connect to the nears radio.

Sometimes devices are really stupid and the only way you have to force them to connect where you want is to use different SSID. Maybe turn the radio power down on the superhub if it has that option.

RealBeast

Titan
The easiest way is using a different SSID and same password, and then connect to the desired radio.

Consumer wireless equipment lack 802.11 k,r,and v needed for selection of the best signal, although some phones do have it but you need it on all the radios too.

It "should" at least in theory pick the strongest signal. Your problem is you actually have too much signal overlapping. It does not want to scan for a different wifi source since that causes a drop every time it does it.

Normally all you do is stop and start the wifi radio and it should connect to the nears radio.

Sometimes devices are really stupid and the only way you have to force them to connect where you want is to use different SSID. Maybe turn the radio power down on the superhub if it has that option.

Solution