Diablo 3 Beaten in Just 7 Hours?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dribblesbarbax

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Being unemployed has its advantages, it seems.[/citation]

Having 7 hours spare time makes you unemployed?
Thats it I'm off to my local social welfare office to gets me some free money.

G

Please put a spoiler alert in the title. The news of this article could have been conveyed without telling everyone diablo is the final boss.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]tical2399[/nom]Well not really surprising. Its the trend with games these days. Prettier visuals and shorter play time.[/citation]
True, most companies can't churn out awesome looking games with loads of content anymore. But Diablo 3 doesn't actually look very good, it's pretty aged imo. A byproduct of taking so long to make and polish the game.

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Please put a spoiler alert in the title. The news of this article could have been conveyed without telling everyone diablo is the final boss.
+1

It's almost like they went out of their way to spoil it.

"...to defeating the final boss, Diablo himself -- ..."

They just had to add "Diablo himself, after a comma, which means it was in no way whatsoever necessary for what they were saying, let alone pertinent to the article.

That is just blatant disrespect on the part of Tom's.

nevilence

Distinguished
May 8, 2012
who cares how long a bunch of die hard fans took to beat the game. ten bucks says they were aiming to be the first and that is why they were.

roltzje

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
I agree this is a bit short, was hoping for more original content (meaning not nightmare/hell/inferno) just so the world is more expansive. However, if they truly rushed the game then perhaps it is about 10 hours long for most players, which isn't really that bad. Each difficulty level undoubtedly takes more time to beat.. Inferno is probably very, very difficult. Also, we have 5 classes, so its not so bad

v3nom777

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]True, most companies can't churn out awesome looking games with loads of content anymore. But Diablo 3 doesn't actually look very good, it's pretty aged imo. A byproduct of taking so long to make and polish the game.[/citation]

They wanted to make it so anybody could play..

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]tleavit[/nom]People are shocked to know Diablo is the end boss of the game Diablo?[/citation]
Well, what with the soulstones being destroyed at the end of D2, a little bit yeah.

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
It takes 3 hours to get to king Leoric playing enjoying yourself and exploring everything and that is 1/3 of the first act. I don't think it would take less than 30 hours for people who want to enjoy this game while playing it to beat the normal.

techy74

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Good way to get there name on the internet, but there is more to Diablo than racing to the finish line. Played it last night - loved it.

G

It was on normal, so who cares? It's like announcing that someone completed a marathon in 30 minutes, because they drove.

G

A full complete clear of act 1 takes ~7 hours if you actualyl kill everthing, and explore the maps, and enter the side dungens, and talk to npcs, and watch cut scenes, etc.

If you just run as fast as you can skipping everything, then ya its short.

illegalmonkey

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
yeah it's short if you just run from point a to point b like they did, but most people are going to scour the countryside looking for loot and stuff like me! ive played it for 12 hours so far and am almost half way through it. so you can get way more out of it. Blizzard added a ton of interesting little side quests you can find randomly in each level. makes it worth it to explore.

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

Understanding the backstory, I was a tad surprised, yes. I thought he would be the last of the unholy trinity that could realistically be brought back without flying in the face of it's predecessor.

fatality1515

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Anything is possible, there are always some really skilled players.. I finished some difficult games in my life, but when I look at a guy that finishes Ghosts 'N Goblins in 21:45 (twice) I feel like a total noobie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf4UzBflmjg After many days and nights I managed to finish this game once. :/ (you need to do it twice to complete it) So I imagine for some it might take 7 hours to finish Diablo, for others a week. :)

jurassic512

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Being unemployed has its advantages, it seems.[/citation]

Sure, if you work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. Don't know how you thought that comment was relevant here.

imnotageek

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2008
This entry should have a "mild spoiler" warning at the title. I had no idea what the final boss was going to be. I always thought it would be one of the Lesser Evils.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]tical2399[/nom]Well not really surprising. Its the trend with games these days. Prettier visuals and shorter play time.[/citation]
what visuals?

MrMakapuu

Distinguished
May 13, 2012
7 hours is a bit long for the game to be cough cough hacked ohh... I mean beaten! Im sure there's a god mode hack already posted somewhere if not by the end of the week by some cough chinese or koreans...

Status
Not open for further replies.