Diablo 3 Beta Weekend Reached 300,000 Concurrent Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

kategra84

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Diablo 3 - the RPG for teenages. Way too easy, just click click. I didn't even use a healing potion, i got bored by the time i reached lvl 6. Great music, but way to much colour and glitter!
No story, no credible characters, kids will love it.

slomo4sho

Distinguished
[citation][nom]kategra84[/nom]Diablo 3 - the RPG for teenages. Way too easy, just click click. I didn't even use a healing potion, i got bored by the time i reached lvl 6. Great music, but way to much colour and glitter! No story, no credible characters, kids will love it.[/citation]

Playing the tutorial level really isn't much of an indicator of difficulty.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Checked out the stress test and it was well executed, had some issues to login but generally it was a positive experience even as a stress test. The class balance was soo soo but it usually changes later in the game. The atmosphere in the game were good and i really look forward to the release.

Kategra84: Anyone who knows the Diablo history knows they always been at kid difficulty in act one much like a tutorial for new players. Both Diablo one and two got progressively harder with the added difficulty levels.

Flying-Q

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
I'm no spring chicken and I enjoyed it. having seen pre-view vids I thought the graphics would be too cluttered but was happily proved wrong. Once I had played it through several times I noticed certain musical elements and game content changed as achievements were reached. Subtle reminders of DII appeared after the 4th run through.

I found blue magical items too frequently for early game and the mobs were a bit weak, but then so was DII in the earliest levels. The lack of damage numbers on the abilities was annoying so choosing which runes to use was haphazard at best.

Overall, allowing for the friday night saturday server disconnections it was a good test.

Q

kategra84

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
[citation][nom]Slomo4shO[/nom]Playing the tutorial level really isn't much of an indicator of difficulty.[/citation]

LVL 6 and still in tutorial? haha

unionoob

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
[citation][nom]kategra84[/nom]Diablo 3 - the RPG for teenages. Way too easy, just click click. I didn't even use a healing potion, i got bored by the time i reached lvl 6. Great music, but way to much colour and glitter! No story, no credible characters, kids will love it.[/citation]

Learn it once Diablo is not an RPG.

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
2 words. Not ready. When everybody can login successfully the first time and not having 10 different error messages when you log in and having the servers go down because of maintance then it will be ready, until then they still have a lot of work to do. I think they need one more weekend of testing, IMO.

G

Have had the D3 beta for months. Awesome storyline and voice acting as expected but sadly the game is all too linear. Skills handed automatically. Runes too linear and obvious. All in all it's no longer an action rpg but a mmo hack and slash click fest.

Am going to buy it for the storyline but when done with that I'm going to play more Path of Exile which in complexity is what D3 should have been. (Lacking a little in story and immersion but gameplay is awesome)

I only got the server error the first time I tried to login. Each of my subsequent attempts gave me no issues. I played four different sessions over the weekend with no issue. It still didn't tear me completely away from BF3.

It seems like the same fun ol' game I remember in D1 and D2, but I think I've grown in my gaming tastes and it hasn't? I'll most likely buy it, but I'm not so sure I'll be hell-bent on finishing it for each class like the previous editions.

=== They wanted people to copy/paste their passwords every four seconds and try to log in. That’s exactly the sort of 'stress' they need to test. ===

That's exactly the sort of stress I don't need in my life. Blizzard, please make a version I can play at home without an Internet connection.

Also, removing skill points was a HORRIBLE idea IMO. In D2 I had a ton of fun creating specialized characters, for example Amazons with extreme javelin skills (but almost no bow skills) and so on. Put them back.

Kibarob

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
I also played in the open beta and lets just say, saturday I got on one, lagged for awile, and then they shut the servers down and then Error37'nd everytime till much later on when "looking at the D3 forums" people were saying they were getting in.

I had a chance to play every character all the way through even got a monk to full level (13). I started with D2 in college in 2002 and found skill trees to be sometimes confusing, but reading a guide helps (I was still really new to the whole online game world). The lack of them was a little depressing, only because particular character classes had a move that was way better on second tier, and going back to the origional with a rune in it, didn't seem like an option when killing mobs. So it basically felt like "oooo a lvl what did i get.........oh...nvm" but as in most MMO styled games (even D2) you have to sink a point to unlock the next tier which i understand.

The only issue that would/will keep me from aquiring the game is the constent need for an internet connection, even just to play single player. Just the fact that, if they take the servers down for mantanance, you can't even play the single player campain while you wait. This thought in its self is mind bottling, I can understand the need to take out chances of Piracy but that just seems like to much that i would pay $60 for ownership of a digital copy of a game provided by a company, that said company can inhibit that person, simply by doing something to the server is just bad markiting (i also see "the cloud" like this as well)

Also I would like to see an ability to, after making a game open to the public, being able to close it to the public again w/o having to reload the character. Although i can see how this would be used as a means of "screwing" other players (possabily) out of "fat loots"

sporkimus

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
It's always been a click game. WTF exactly were you expecting?!

The open beta was fun... short, but fun. Looking forward to the retail release!

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
And just so everyone knows, there's a gameplay option (I think it was called advanced tool tips) that gives you more details on the ability tool tips. Doesn't give exact damage numbers, but it gives you the 'xxx% weapon damage'.

There's also some randomly named option that lets you put abilities in different slots than they are designed for.

underpatch

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I dont know why but the game just felt very console like to me. I hate to say it but I did cancel my preorder. I can honestly say that I am alot more keen on torchlight 2 now. I hope it will be able to give me my diablo 2 fix I so crave.

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010

That would be called 'the full game'. Where there's more items, more story, more bad buys, more items, higher difficulty, and more items. Although if a clickfest isn't what you're looking for, then yes, it will be boring.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009

I think you are confusing WoW and Diablo 3.

superfula

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
[citation][nom]unionoob[/nom]Learn it once Diablo is not an RPG.[/citation]

Of course it's an RPG. To be more specific, an ARPG

superfula

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
[citation][nom]Gggggodlike[/nom]All in all it's no longer an action rpg but a mmo hack and slash click fest.[/citation]

It's not an MMO. There's nothing massive about playing with three other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS