Info Diablo 4 Memory leak

Colif

Win 11 Master
I been playing early access and yesterday I noticed, after playing game, that HWINFO was reporting I had used 95% of virtual memory at one point in day. Looking at page file size, it has grown to 13500mb when it is normally only 4gb
My average is about 40% virtual memory usage when not playing anything.

I just stopped playing game now and this is what its on
1mRsBoI.jpg

Windows can run out of memory and still have free ram.
The most ram I used was 17gb and yet I used 90% of virtual memory.
So something was asking for commitments and not releasing them before asking for more.

Speculation is its the GPU drivers except it happens on AMD & Nvidia, which makes their drivers less likely.

It is something game is doing.

Its a nice looking game... if you like mud
KnDW9za.jpg

So my best answer is restart every few hours, though I only played for a few myself.

Hopefully they can fix it as its been reported in game since March.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2838871

So my best answer is restart every few hours, though I only played for a few myself.

Hopefully they can fix it as its been reported in game since March.

Here's mine with the game and an iTunes movie playing at same time.

4S40DnN.jpg

Feel free to share your analysis.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The usage below is literally from me starting game and joining a clan, and then logging out again.
sDS2SqV.jpg

PC refreshed value on restart so I hadn't done very much today.

its obviously not completely borked as it releases memory after fact. I don't think its a driver as it releases memory at shutdown of the game, its just asking for more as it runs and it shouldn't be. If it were a driver, you would need to restart PC to get space back. I think...

I know how to find memory leaks in the non paged pool, I guess its the same for paged files as well. It appears its still Poolmon. Guess I install the windows SDK and get the tool - I expect the time to run is in game.

D

Deleted member 2838871

@Colif

Well I’m not very educated in memory leaks which is why I asked.

I personally think the game is running great… so I dunno.

Colif

Win 11 Master
It only grew to 90 today, I played for a few hours.

I haven't had a out of memory error but its unusual for my PC to use anything near that much space.

I read its related to the high res textures and suggest play game at medium texture. I looked at that, it is hard to tell what difference it makes when everything is covered in mud

D

Deleted member 2838871

it is hard to tell what difference it makes when everything is covered in mud

C’mon now… the snow… the footprints… the frozen ice in the footprints with the light reflecting off it… looks pretty good to me and didn’t D4 launch without raytracing? 😂