Diablo III Performance, Benchmarked

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinergy

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
HD7870 is on par with GTX580! Now I understand why he didn't even take HD7970 into test. That would have been too embarrassing for nvidia.

borden5

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
Note that amd 12.4 artifacts doesn't only apply for Diablo 3 alone I got artifact in any game with my 3650 so I have to revert to 12.3

G

so can anyone recommend a good laptop that can play this no lag for under 800?

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I had a lot of fun with it in the beta. I still cant say Im going to be a fan of the RMT Auction House, but other then that, its a fun game. Between this and Guild Wars 2, Im gonna have a very unproductive summer :D

Zero_

Distinguished
I would have liked to see a HD7750 in there, as that would be the easiest upgrade for someone who wanted a cheap card with low power draw. It's a bit hard to predict where it'll end up because the HD6850/HD6770 anomaly.

geotek

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
Were any large fights present in the FPS recording? Because of the computers ive tested ive noticed computers with slower CPUs, especially dual cores, would get quite choppy during large fights and all the ragdolls flying everywhere. This problem seemed to either vanish or greatly diminish when physics were changed from high to low. Perhaps the physics are handled by the cpu? If so, this means the cpu testing results may not be a good measure of real world use of the game.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]cinergy[/nom]HD7870 is on par with GTX580! Now I understand why he didn't even take HD7970 into test. That would have been too embarrassing for nvidia.[/citation]

Hardly, Nvidia is the only party that provides extra gfx quality via ambient occlusion for this title and with all thoose monster cards available today i rather use that extra power to get better quality than let it go wasted. So even if i dont get 500+ fps in 2560x1600 with 2x680 sli i do get ambient occlusion as well as insanly good AA making the title look nice. I play the game to enjoy it, not benchmark it!

G

I still use a 9600GT, anyone have any idea how it would work with that?

[citation][nom]courtlandb[/nom]so can anyone recommend a good laptop that can play this no lag for under 800?[/citation]

A laptop with an A6 or A8 and a 7470 in CF or something similar should do it very well. I know that HP sells those for under $650 and depending on whether or not it's on sale, even cheaper. You could probably get something similar even cheaper elsewhere (HP isn't known for being the cheapest, not even among other OEMs).

trace_87

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
This article will need another go once the game comes out. You have to have something a bit more taxing than this.

[citation][nom]gnookergi[/nom]I still use a 9600GT, anyone have any idea how it would work with that?[/citation]
Well you can perhaps look somewhere around the GT440 or the HD 6670 but don't expect the same FPS.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
How well does the game run under a quad SLI setup with 2 GTX 690's (overclockked)?

anyway, it seems like it will run on a mid range laptop so it can make boring lectures more interesting.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Not too shocked about it knowing blizzard, but I am glad my setup will perform at the 100+ frames, a little sad was hoping it would stress my system to where it would encourage me more to get my current build thats on hold more traction but ehh i will just put it on hold for now..

Status
Not open for further replies.