Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Artist Interview: Chris Donelson

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferooxidan

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
Tom should have asked: "Is it possible that you guys just ditch this garbage and move on? Make a new Diablo that as epic as the previous installment, would you?!"

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
There are some great games out there right now... why is Tom's still talking about a year old game that wasn't much good to start with?

At this point, it is hard to objectively evaluate any changes in this game. I felt cheated out of my money with the auction house fiasco and no amount of polishing will fix that. It was blatant greed on their part.If they want to get my attention, they will have to bleed like we did, maybe offer a trade program for some other title or a free expansion for early adopters. I'm not about to reward them for screwing me over by giving them further business.

rrbronstein

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
i enjoyed diablo for what it was, it got better over time but was never an awe shocking game of course, but you guys are all so harsh. Im excited for RoS and the new changes and cant wait to play, i dont have time to sit around and complain about the past like you guys.

Nilo BP

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
Oh, the good old days when I could fool myself into believing there was some subtlety to Blizzard's storytelling. These days..."Beware, there rises yet another existential threat to all of existence! Now, it falls to heroes of the mortal races... errr, wait, wrong franchise. Oh yes: mighty NEPHALEM, you simply MUST save the world from the evil of... what's the name of the guy this time... Malthus... Matthew... well, anyway, the important part is that you can kill them and they drop loot."

cdmansk

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
I enjoy ROS so far, about 3h of gameplay and already lvl 63 on Hard diff. Switched some gear and DPS skyrocketed from 40k to 230k and you know - that feeling of being overpowered for a while... thats what I love in Diablo. Ou man, why we all grow up and must go to work ? There was plenty of student-free-time back in 1997...

Achaios-1328513

Honorable
May 28, 2013
What, no Kung-Fu Pandas, P0kem0n, and Narutomon-manga style characters? There must be some mistake, this is Blizzard after all, the same guys who turned World of Warcraft into a Pokemon/Kung Fu Panda travesty intended for10 year olds.

Achaios-1328513

Honorable
May 28, 2013
And, I saw nothing mentioned about stupid two-seated rocket "mounts", Harley-Davidson "mounts", and equally stupid flying transformer-style robot "mounts". Looks like they need to bring over some of the Kung Fu Panda guys from the WoW team to help them with design. Imagine how cool would a "Crusader" look riding a "Transfomers" type "Sky Golem" from WoW. I am guessing it is only a matter of time before the Kung Fu Panda/P0kem0n freaks from WoW make Diablo a travesty too.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
And, I saw nothing mentioned about stupid two-seated rocket "mounts", Harley-Davidson "mounts", and equally stupid flying transformer-style robot "mounts". Looks like they need to bring over some of the Kung Fu Panda guys from the WoW team to help them with design. Imagine how cool would a "Crusader" look riding a "Transfomers" type "Sky Golem" from WoW. I am guessing it is only a matter of time before the Kung Fu Panda/P0kem0n freaks from WoW make Diablo a travesty too.
They don't need to Diablo is all ready a travesty the expansion name is fitting of the status of Diablo franchise it's all ready a dead corpse.

spigias

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
Have any of you played ros yet?, i play 1 day straight and it rocks, try and then complain. as for the atmosphere it not perfect but its improved. one thing i agree 100% with you is the expansion price, its to damn high considering the boot fiasco of the original d3.

nhat11

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Tom should have asked: "Is it possible that you guys just ditch this garbage and move on? Make a new Diablo that as epic as the previous installment, would you?!"
Wow you and a bunch here are butt hurt and can't let go after almost 2 yrs. That's pretty sad and the newest patch fixed a lot of issues that this game previously had before.They increase drop rates of everything by a lot so gold drops like candy and legendaries you get after a few hours of gameplaying. They took out the AH and rebalance the characters and skills. They also rebalance the difficulties where even on normal you get a legendary. The game definitely doesn't play the same since release and plays great.There's a dynamic stat system so when loot drops, the stats will pertain to your class like playing as wizard, you get items that mostly drop int and related stats.The paragon level is also global between your character so it feels like you're leveling one character.

Status
Not open for further replies.