News Diablo IV PC Performance: We're Testing a Bunch of GPUs

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

camaxide

Reputable
Jan 22, 2019
If you are running 4K on a 4090 I would instead of running it 240FPS turn up the resolution scale.
Currently I play 3840x1600 all Ultra no DLSS and I have set resolution scale to 175% and it use about 21 of the 24GB available VRAM. it brings me to 90 FPS, but I'd rather run it close to 8K downscaled to 4K 90FPS than 4K 200+ FPS
with regular 4K (not ultrawide) I imagine 150% res scale is better.
Would actually be a good thing to add to the benchmarks for the very few cards that can handle it - as a counter weight to all the DLSS tests.. downscaling is much nicer than upscaling :D

camaxide

Reputable
Jan 22, 2019
It is what you make it. If you want to no life power grind to 100 like some people are doing... go for it. I know I'm enjoying the journey and am not taking days off work just to see how fast I can get to level 100. Currently level 22 on my Sorcerer and have enjoyed every minute of it.
Exactly how I play it too, I play alone, and just do it my pace. When I'm done with the story and already high level, then I'll join in with others. I'm also 20something and have enjoyed the game very much til now.
I wish areas didn't scale with you level, and I wish potions were balanced like in original games rather than script-dropping from bosses - but I enjoy the gameplay still :)

D

Deleted member 2838871

Exactly how I play it too, I play alone, and just do it my pace. When I'm done with the story and already high level, then I'll join in with others. I'm also 20something and have enjoyed the game very much til now.
I wish areas didn't scale with you level, and I wish potions were balanced like in original games rather than script-dropping from bosses - but I enjoy the gameplay still :)

Yep. I played the original in '97... and never played D2 or D3. I am having a blast with D4. I hit 31 with my Sorcerer tonight... and got 2 legendaries... a staff from a dungeon boss and then a helm from that press your luck vendor lady... LOL Both items are godly... healing me on enemy death and some other cool stuff.

Necromancer will be the next character... mage/priest/lock roots from my WoW days have me playing these 2 classes first in D4.

Aug 1, 2023
We're testing Diablo VI on a bunch of graphics cards to see how it runs. We'll be routinely updating the charts once the game goes live.

Diablo IV PC Performance: We're Testing a Bunch of GPUs : Read more
I'm currently putting together a new right for myself, which I should be getting sometime in December (It's a Christmas Present to myself after retiring with 40 years of I.T Support behind me). Here are the main specs I'm targeting:

• AMD Ryzen 9 7950X Processor
  • MSI B650 Gaming Plus Wi-Fi ATX Motherboard
  • Kingston Fury Beast RGB 64GB 6000MHz DDR5 CL40 Memory
  • AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12GB GDDR6 Gaming Graphics Card
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe SSD
  • SAMSUNG S8 32" 4K UHD Monitor (3840 x 2160)
  • Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-bit

I'd like to see a good clear performance benchmark of Diablo IV at 4K resolutions on a Radeon RX 6750, so that I might tweak it a little if needed.

Last edited:

zx128k

Reputable
I'm currently putting together a new right for myself, which I should be getting sometime in December (It's a Christmas Present to myself after retiring with 40 years of I.T Support behind me). Here are the main specs I'm targeting:

• AMD Ryzen 9 7950X Processor
  • MSI B650 Gaming Plus Wi-Fi ATX Motherboard
  • Kingston Fury Beast RGB 64GB 6000MHz DDR5 CL40 Memory
  • AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12GB GDDR6 Gaming Graphics Card
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe SSD
  • SAMSUNG S8 32" 4K UHD Monitor (3840 x 2160)
  • Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-bit

I'd like to see a good clear performance benchmark of Diablo IV at 4K resolutions on a Radeon RX 6750, so that I might tweak it a little if needed.
4k monitor and a RX 6750XT? Basically a great rig with a 4060 TI (16GB) class GPU in raster. Blizzard could add Ray Tracing to Diablo 4 in a later patch as well.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2023
4k monitor and a RX 6750XT? Basically a great rig with a 4060 TI (16GB) class GPU in raster. Blizzard could add Ray Tracing to Diablo 4 in a later patch as well.
Yes, that is the plan.

A 4K Monitor is one of the indelible aspects of the "Andromeda" that I'll be building. My budget does not allow for a GPU better than a 6750XT right now. The only games I'll really be playing are D2R, D3, D4 and COD, so I don't really see the need for graphics hardware I'll not be using to its full potential.

(Off Topic: I like your handle. I started out 40 years ago on a ZX Spectrum 128K +3 😂)

Reactions: zx128k