DICE Talks Battlefield 3 Console/PC Differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

[citation][nom]hardcore_gamer[/nom]No graphics improvement for PC ??? Shame on you DICE[/citation]

WTF are you on about?

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
We want to create the same experience for PC as for consoles.

Well, that's exactly what PC gamers hate- sorry to break it to you.

You're always going to be "dumbing down" a game for either a PC or a console when releasing for both systems: looks like the PC gets the short end of the stick again this time.

At least there are those two token differences, but there is no difference graphics-wise (just toss in AA for the complainers, eh?) since the same technology is used, why buy a better computer for that?

G

By that logic the PC version should only be playable on a $4000 monster PC with the graphics settings all fixed to super-ultra.

PC games have to be scalable to lower power systems anyway, and scaling them for consoles is no different. The difference with BF3 is it is being primarily developed for PC and THEN ported for consoles. Having the game ported to console doesn't automatically damage the PC version, even if DICE plan on doing a good job of the port.

[citation][nom]digitalexplosives[/nom]WTF are you on about?[/citation]

They said that pretty much everything else is the same. That means graphic wise it will be the same. Yet they say DX11 support so not sure how it could be the same when consoles can't do anything beyond DX9 graphics.

Guess we will have to wait and see.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
The comments here are just idiotic. If you follow the Battlefield 3 forms then you know how special it is on PC. We do have the superior graphic enhancement, confirm by repi. Supports multiple cores and scale well on SLI/Crossfire. Also they are doing an Alpha trial for their game! how many developers do that with their triple A games? Their only saying this to let the console player feel secure.

Lobodomy

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
Silly console players think they're being treated equally! At least DICE is doing a good job of keeping the console players happy :)

codyjt5150

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
@lobodaomy, not everyone has fast computers, such as myself. I don't feel like wasting my money on a computer game when i don't trust my computer. i trust ps3 better with my games.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
the graphics will obviously be different on the pc because of resolution and all the little tweaks that you can do, and framerates on godly pcs. They have theyre own engine, theyre not going to make a brand new engine for the pc only just to make it look better than the console version. The current engine looks improved and amazing, and if the consoles can support it, then great.

I hate to say it but alot of pc gamers like to whine about everything console related.

ozchoz

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
@codyjt5150, not too sure what "trust" has to do with anything. The recent debacle by Sony on the PS3 security doesn't leave one with much trust as to their ability or honesty though.

headlessfrog

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
My cousin has the alpha beta for this and he only has one amd 6970 and he says he can run it 1920x1080 with all settings maxed out although apparently they don't even let you customize the settings much all you get is a low mid and high option.Sounds consolized to me graphically he thought he would have to buy a 2nd to crossfire it but now he does not even care.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
what about the wiiu version?

i refuse to use windows 7, so no bf3 for me.

but i will get the wiiu, so my question is, compared the the 360 and ps3 version, how scaled down is the wiiu version?

headlessfrog

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
I dont think you have to be worried abotu that tbh the wiiu is supposed to be more powerful then the 360/ps3 isn't it? What I would be worried about their is the online support because I know with the regular wii you have to rely on friend codes and stuff which sucks but I don't know about the new one.

reyshan

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
[citation][nom]headlessfrog[/nom]I dont think you have to be worried abotu that tbh the wiiu is supposed to be more powerful then the 360/ps3 isn't it? What I would be worried about their is the online support because I know with the regular wii you have to rely on friend codes and stuff which sucks but I don't know about the new one.[/citation]

I feel sorry for you. Not trusting your pc over a console is just sad.

reyshan

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
[citation][nom]codyjt5150[/nom]@lobodaomy, not everyone has fast computers, such as myself. I don't feel like wasting my money on a computer game when i don't trust my computer. i trust ps3 better with my games.[/citation]

Your the guy i feel sorry to, not the other one i commented earlier. Not trusting your pc over a console for a game is just sad.

holdingholder

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
My cousin has the alpha beta for this and he only has one amd 6970 and he says he can run it 1920x1080 with all settings maxed out although apparently they don't even let you customize the settings much all you get is a low mid and high option.Sounds consolized to me graphically he thought he would have to buy a 2nd to crossfire it but now he does not even care.
Yes just because your cousin cna runit with "only" one $300+ 6970 means it's watered down graphically

sportsfanboy

Distinguished
First of all the Xbox can't render anything above Direct X 9. Seeing as the PC will get DX10 and 11 textures and lighting enhancements is a win for the PC. Second and I know you console people don't want to hear this but even on your 1080p display, the xbox can only run 720p max. Just because something fills the whole screen on a HI-Def monitor doesn't mean it's HD pixels running. What does that mean? The PC wins again.

headlessfrog

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
Of course you dont care about graphics you play on several year old machines that look like crap regardless of what game you put in them. For those of us that actually have good systems we do care about graphics in the same way people that have nice high def tv's care about their tv's.

Also why not future proof a game and make it so that it can take advantage of dual top of the line video cards and even future ones? So long as it can scale and play on the lower end video cards its all a win win situation for us pc gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.