Question Did i fry my cpu or motherboard ram slot?

Aug 18, 2020
This is my first post here and i would like to know whether if i fried my cpu or my motherboard ram slot.

I cleaned my motherboard without the rams connected in each slots with a paint brush with force and not gently (i know its my fault by being not careful handling the cleaning) and after i put it back in it is not turning on. No signal.

Tried to run it with a single stick and it booted up to windows

Tried to run the suspected broken ram stick with the slot of the working ram stick and it wont boot, then i put the working ram stick back to the slot it used to work but it ended up not booting up nor keyboard and mouse lights are not working but everything is turned on cpu fan, fans, rgb lights of the ram.

My question is can using a paint brush cause an ESD on the cpu by brushing the ram slots not carefully or only on the ram slot is affected by an ESD? Tried to use my rams on my friend's rig and it's both working.

Im only concerned to my CPU since i cant test it out to my friends rig for we have different sockets.

Tried everything from reseating every ram, turning it on in different slots, CMOS reset to turning it on outside of the case to my extent and still the problem persists.

And what are the odds of frying my cpu by brushing both of the ram slots?

Ryzen 3 2200G
ASUS prime a320m-k
2x8gb tforce delta

Aug 18, 2020
I think the odds are slim.
I would check the ram slots for any debris or anything that looks odd.
I would also clean them and try it again.
It is possible you damaged a slot however.
There are no debris left by the paint brush in the ram slot. I am confused because it powered on up to windows using a one stick but then it wont turn now even if I used the ram module that it made it powered on.

The mobo is still functioning because it responds to force shutdown by holding the power button in the case.

What could be the culprit? Ram slot? Haven't tried resetting CMOS using the hold power button and reset button for 15 seconds. I am afraid that it's something to do with the CPU. It's hard to get by a replacement for in my country they gradually offer a bundle not a separate purchase.