Did I screw up my monitor for good?

gravytrain

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
Hey all, I came home to my parents house for winter break and I of course brought my rig with me to do some gaming, thing is I had my monitor in a bag leaned up against my car (I know, I'm a complete moron) and forgot about it when I left to my parents. I realized I did it soon after and went back to get it, the bag was laying on the ground and there was no noticeable damage anywhere on the monitor so I thought I was fine. So I got home and cleaned off the screen with a wet paper towel and dried it off.

It seemed to be working fine for a few days but today I'm noticing a big blotch in the middle of my screen that is slightly darker than the surrounding parts of the screen that can be seen here, sorry for the bad quality.

Am I screwed? I haven't had this monitor very long and don't really have the money for a new 1080p monitor.

Edit: got a better quality picture of it and updated the link.

gilbadon

Distinguished
That is a definite physical issue. It could be electrical which could be fixed by replacing a bad cap which is not filtering out the noise anymore, but chances are you damaged something with the panel itself which cannot be repaired. Sorry =(.

gravytrain

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012

Really? Wow that's definitely a bummer.