Did my cpu burn to dead?

ADM-86

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
I have been looking for help about a xbox 360 cpu problem and no one seems to know anything about it,I come here to see if anybody has experienced anything like it with a pc cpu? or the xbox 360 itself?.........anyway , this is my story:

Ok I recently got the RRoD, so I decided to do the Xclamp myself(well my bro and I actually) and after we bought and prepared everything we need it for the Xclamp, we came to this "issue"...a stain on the cpu. I have no idea if it means that its dead or if its something common or non important?

What I am trying to say or ask is, has somebody ever seen this? what did you do? what is it? is it fixable?

RRoD2.jpg

RRoD1.jpg

Your help would be much appreciated. :(

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
red ring of death includes the word death

send it back to microsoft then mod the box so you do not re-rrod

remove the old grease replace with artic silver both the gpu and cpu
remove the crappy rear fans and update then with stronger fans

there is a usb controller for the dual fan package - i have one with blue lights. i just leave it off and run it at full all the time

if its too loud - like a movie a low volume then use the usb controller

solve all xbox heat issues and drop temps 10c+

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
I bought an XBox and my CD ROM failed. I found that they were proprietary, nice work MS. I decided that those bastards wouldn't get one cent from me for an Xbox 360. Now that I see all of the failures I'm glad I said screw them. What a really poor job they did making the 360.

It looks like the CPU got real hot, I could be wrong though. As Kraynor said, your warranty is void.

Same could be said about the PS2 when it first came out. Every one of them had a bad laser that would slowly die. And the PS3 is not without problems. You just don't hear about them as much.

But it could just be nothing really. But yea your warranty is pretty much kaput. If you put it back together and it turns on you are fine. But if not too bad.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
No money for those Sony bastards for about five different reasons.

And this is why you should only play PC games. If anything goes wrong with a self built rig you know who to blame. Hell I haven't bought a console ever. Last one I got was a Dreamcast and that was for free. Although the DC was a nice one. But all the others I ran in a PC emulator :D .

ADM-86

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
Thanks for all the replys so far.

Anyway I know my warranty is voided, unless I wouldn't be fixing it myself xD,the thing is that I have never seen a burn out cpu and I don't know if this is how it looks like.

Anyway, I just need to wait for the mx-2 to arrive(Ordered on ebay, and I live in Colombia =S ) and ill try it to see if it still works, if it doesn't work...then I am screwed.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
The "stain" you're pointing out is certainly indicative of an overheating issue causing the aluminium IHS to discolor. FYI, all X360's had their warranty extended to 3 years from Microsoft. You could have sent it in and had a new one shipped to you. Now you're hosed :(

ADM-86

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
I know about the warranty, is just that mine is modded(and proud of it :D ) , thats why I cant send it to Microsoft.

ADM-86

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
Do you even know what I mean by modded ? or you are just looking to get emotional at someone for some pathetic reason?

ADM-86

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
Just by opening the case to get it painted , my warranty gets voided...it sucks but it gets voided for understandable business reasons.

Next time don't jump into empty conclusions so fast, at least get proper info before judging someone...or else we be back at the age where people where called witches and burned to death, just for thinking different.

and cheater?....****...call me something else, but never a cheater.