[SOLVED] Difference between i7 9700kf and 9700k?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2018
So, i was looking to upgrade my CPU to the i7 9700k but it was out of stock where I was going to buy it. However, I saw they had the i7 9700kf instead, I didn't even know that existed. Could anyone tell me what the difference is with the normal 9700k?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
You don't need the onboard graphics, but having it can be useful for diagnostic purposes or if your dedicated GPU fails. The KF SKUs apparently aren't any cheaper than the regular K SKUs, so unless the KF version is being sold at a lower price, it really isn't worth getting unless there are stock issues and you're having a hard time finding any Core i7 9700 CPU.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

You have no onboard HD intel graphics with the F releases.

Dec 6, 2018

is it worth getting? Im pairing this CPU with my GTX 1080, do i need the CPUs onboard graphics?

You don't need the onboard graphics, but having it can be useful for diagnostic purposes or if your dedicated GPU fails. The KF SKUs apparently aren't any cheaper than the regular K SKUs, so unless the KF version is being sold at a lower price, it really isn't worth getting unless there are stock issues and you're having a hard time finding any Core i7 9700 CPU.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.