Question Difference between MSI Armor & MSI Gaming X 1060 6GB?

Jun 7, 2019
Hello There! I'm going to buy a MSI 1060 6GB Graphics Card. As many of you may know that they Offers 2 variants, Armor & Gaming X.
Since I'm doing a budget build, Gaming X is bit pricey in my region. Armor Series 1060 is in my budget now. I just want to know,
Is there any big difference in performance between both of them?

The Armour is a good card. The Gaming X and Z cards are their top tier cards with the large Frozr fans and large heat sink for quiet operation. The fans stop spinning a low loads and I'm not sure if the Armour does that or not. Because they stay cooler, they may perform slightly better. As you can see, the boost clock is higher on the Gaming card. Try to get the 6 GB VRAM cards which are shown here;

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019
The Armour is a good card. The Gaming X and Z cards are their top tier cards with the large Frozr fans and large heat sink for quiet operation. The fans stop spinning a low loads and I'm not sure if the Armour does that or not. Because they stay cooler, they may perform slightly better.

Thanks Bearmann, maybe you're right. I didn't heard something like that About Armor. I've used 750 Ti Gaming X Series few years ago. It never got any heating issues.

It looks like I am probably wrong. This Armour Overclock edition has the Frozr fans and the stop fan feature. The fans may be larger on the Gaming X but I am not sure. The Gaming may just have a higher boost clock and perhaps better construction/appearance (like the backplate.) Do you know the model number of the Armour card?

Hello There! I'm going to buy a MSI 1060 6GB Graphics Card. As many of you may know that they Offers 2 variants, Armor & Gaming X.
Since I'm doing a budget build, Gaming X is bit pricey in my region. Armor Series 1060 is in my budget now. I just want to know,
Is there any big difference in performance between both of them?
How much do these cards cost in your region compared to the newer GTX 1660 (non-Ti) that Nvidia launched recently? A 1660 averages around 15-20% more performance in current games, and has some hardware optimizations that could make even more of a difference in future titles, so I wouldn't consider a 1060 at this point unless it were priced an appropriate amount lower than what 1660s are selling for. The performance differences between different models of 1060 6GB cards will be quite minimal compared to a 1660.

Reactions: King_V and Bearmann