[SOLVED] Differences and better camera? Suggestions?

sirelaskyx

Reputable
Nov 14, 2018
I dont really know much about camera's but I'm fairly interested in them and over the next several months I'm going on some trips where I'd like to take pictures and video with good quality. However, $350 is really my top limit (like to go lower) cause a lot of these camera's I see are super expensive and its crazy. I saw one one of these the mic quality is bad and I'd prefer one with better quality (for videos). Any suggestions and tips would be appreciated.

Two I've seen so far:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIABKX4GP1400&ignorebbr=1 Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR w/18-55 mm Lens

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAB2G8X36111&ignorebbr=1 Canon EOS 4000D Kit w/18-55 III Lens Digital SLR Camera

Solution
Those resellers have some pretty poor ratings. There are plenty of resellers on eBay with far higher customer ratings. With Newegg you need to be careful to select Newegg as the seller.

The T6 has a higher ISO rating. So it should have better low light performance. It has a much higher resolution LCD. It also is more solidly built. Most notably a metal lens ring rather than plastic. The 4000D is just newer.

If you want something new in the same price bracket. Look at the Nikon D3400. It gets a better review from PCMag than the Canon T6. They are the same generation and price bracket. The Nikon is said to be more beginner friendly, double the battery life, quicker focus, faster burst shooting, newer sensor, higher res photos, better...
Those resellers have some pretty poor ratings. There are plenty of resellers on eBay with far higher customer ratings. With Newegg you need to be careful to select Newegg as the seller.

The T6 has a higher ISO rating. So it should have better low light performance. It has a much higher resolution LCD. It also is more solidly built. Most notably a metal lens ring rather than plastic. The 4000D is just newer.

If you want something new in the same price bracket. Look at the Nikon D3400. It gets a better review from PCMag than the Canon T6. They are the same generation and price bracket. The Nikon is said to be more beginner friendly, double the battery life, quicker focus, faster burst shooting, newer sensor, higher res photos, better detail at high ISO and a vastly higher ISO rating.

Nikon D3400 on eBay New.

If you are just starting with DSLR. You might want to consider a used one. Most people get these with the intention of using them all the time and barely use them. You can get some really nice ones in the $100 to $150 range off eBay. They won't offer all the modern features like wireless transfer to phones. However, they'll take nice shots.

Then if you decide you really like all the control these cameras provide. You can sell it and get a new one.

Audio
Most budget cameras are not going to have an external mic jack. If you want good audio. You need an external mic. You'll need to spend more on a new camera. This is another reason to consider starting off with a used camera.

In which case. Consider the Nikon D5500. Although it takes some work. You can find them for under $400 with lens used. If you are willing to spend a little more. You can find them loaded out with extra lenses and batteries. It has a microphone jack.

Reactions: sirelaskyx
Solution