Digital Power Saving Mode

biggern00bthanyou

Prominent
May 28, 2017
My computer keeps entering 'Digital Power Saving Mode'. I have an LG Monitor, HPE-150F tower with 700W Thermaltake power supply, which I bought today to see if my power supply is what's causing the problem. I am running EVGA Nvidia GEForce GTX 640, I also have Asus 1050ti Dual (on the side to test out to see if the issue is with psu or gpu , this card is also new). This problem only occurs when I put in a different graphics card other than the one that came with the PC. I have used EVGA card for a while and it never had a problem, until recently. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Can you check the settings of the monitor it could be that the timeout that causes the monitor to go to saving mode is set to very less? Also you said when you play CIV 6 and restart it same problems appear again, do you restart game here or the computer? what is the model of the card that came pre installed with the pc? Can you try uninstalling graphic card driver by DDU (display driver uninstaller) and installing the latest one from the nvidia site and see if the problem persists?

biggern00bthanyou

Prominent
May 28, 2017

I downloaded the driver that came with the graphics card, so EVGA. But I have had the card in the computer for a while, and it worked without any problem. I am starting to think that it might be the cable itself that causes the problem, but then it should be the case all the time. When I install the card and start the computer, it works and windows 10 downloads the driver for whatever card is in there and fixes the resolution. Then, if I play CIV 6 and restart it, same problem appears again.

The only difference is that the card that came pre-installed has a VGA cable and that is one of the differences between the cards. The good ones have DVI-D connection from the monitor and support 1080p+ and the monitor doesn't.

Also, this is my backup monitor, its is flat screen but very old. My original monitor crapped out on me, that is when I realized that this problem had started.

Can you check the settings of the monitor it could be that the timeout that causes the monitor to go to saving mode is set to very less? Also you said when you play CIV 6 and restart it same problems appear again, do you restart game here or the computer? what is the model of the card that came pre installed with the pc? Can you try uninstalling graphic card driver by DDU (display driver uninstaller) and installing the latest one from the nvidia site and see if the problem persists?

Solution