Digital Storm Goes Micro STX With Project Spark

Status
Not open for further replies.

studmoose

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017
From what I gather from the other Digital Storm products, the use of the i7-8700K will support overclocking. DS offers overclocking for both the CPU and their graphic cards, with their own optional software tool. Also, these systems can be upgraded, unlike the Hades Canyon, which prevents overclocking and upgrades to base components.

The problem is, from a price point, DS has so many custom options, that the price can jump very quickly. For example: One of the options is the plumbing. You can go clear flexible tubes with clear or colored coolant (several color choices), solid-colored flexible tubes (such as black, white, red, blue, green), hardened clear tubes with clear or colored coolant, illuminated as further option, or chromed copper tubing. The coolant doesn't affect the price, but there are jumps between flexible, clear rigid, rigid illuminated and copper offerings. Price also changes if you just want the CPU liquid cooled or if you also want the GPU liquid cooled as well.

There are so many options with DS products, a trip to their website will make others pale in comparison. I was blown away by the number of ways their machines can be customized from the seller.

alextheblue

Distinguished
In this particular case, I wouldn't get too excited about the overclocking possibilities. Well, unless you are already deaf... think a 6000RPM Delta fan will fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS