Digital Storm Rig Clocks 4.6 GHz at 0ºC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
$4k for the 950 comp? I could make a system with a 980X liquid cooled with SLI'd 580s and some SSDs while still being under that. Much more performance for less. Just not worth the extra .2ghz you get with the overclock.

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
It's not that overpriced. Assuming everything is as it appeared in the video, I would actually be pretty impressed. MDPC-X sleeving? (or similar) Full coverage blocks + the loop. Maybe not quite $3500 but for the labor, it's not terrible.

I'm trying to figure out how its running at 0C...

miloo

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
0C looks awesome mate ~
but 4Gs for following spec ?
The base Level 1 configuration doesn't come cheap--a starting price of $3,928-- and features an Intel core i7 950 CPU, 6 GB of DDR3 1600 MHz memory and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 GPU.( not even SLI ? woow, balls ripping mate )

with that setup it only need like 1.4Gs, so it mean 2.6Gs for the 0C cooling ? is that worth it ?

squanto

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
[citation][nom]Darkv1[/nom]I'm curious to see how they are getting around the issue of condensation...[/citation]

Simple, you pump all the air out of the room, taking all water particles with duh

jeroly

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2007
If you're so desperate for performance that you're willing to spend $6K on on a platform utilizing an overclocked 980X processor, wouldn't you be better served by buying a dual-processor motherboard and getting two Xeon 6-core processors? You'd have a faster system even without overclocking, and also save some money if my calculations are right!

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
Systems like this are for people with more money than motivation and/or system building ability. It's not necessarily overpriced though. People's time and skill costs money too, especially on limited run items. One thing is for sure, it's good looking.

freshnbaked

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
you[citation][nom]jeroly[/nom]If you're so desperate for performance that you're willing to spend $6K on on a platform utilizing an overclocked 980X processor, wouldn't you be better served by buying a dual-processor motherboard and getting two Xeon 6-core processors? You'd have a faster system even without overclocking, and also save some money if my calculations are right![/citation]

you would be right, even the 12 core AMD monster OC's 800mhz over would still beat that....by a fair margin and would cost about 1875usd cheaper, just priced one out, they are not worth it but it does look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.