Dimension 4600 and Promise Fasttrack S150 TX2

Andrew

I have a Dimension 4600 with a Radeon 9800 pro card and 80 gig IDE drive. I
decided to upgrade to two 120 gig SATA drives and a Promise FastTrack S150
TX2. I am having a problem with the BIOS on the Promise card not showing up
during boot up. The FAQ on the Promise site says to remove all PCI cards
and disable certain settings in the computers BIOS settings. I have tried
all this but still no BIOS showing up from the promise card during boot up.
Has anyone had any luck installing one of these cards in a Dimension 4600?

TIA

Snoopy

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

try reseating the card? try different slots? drives powered and cabled
properly? bad card maybe? can you try it in another system?