Dimensions of Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 100284L?

DBPIKE

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
Hello all...I am wondering what the true dimensions of the "Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 1 GB DDR5 Dual DVI-I / HDMI / DP PCI-Express Graphics Card 100284L" model is. See, I have extremely limited space in my OEM computer...and I pretty much need to know exactly.

I have a Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT (the first generation before the energy effecient remakes) and Amazon reports that this better card with more memory is actually smaller in every way...and I just can't believe it. Other sites don't even report the dimensions of the card.

Is there anyone who knows definitely what the dimensions are? Any assistance is appreciated.

shadowryche

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
My XFX 5770 with full shroud, double slot cooler is pretty small. Considering it does still take up two slots. Any of the 5770's will likely have trouble fitting into a Slim PC. Compared to most GeForce 9800's, a 5770 should be smaller lengthwise. Just as its been said, it will take up two expansion slots.

DBPIKE

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009

Yes...the very first card is the one I'm looking for, kinda. This is the link to what I'm looking at: http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-PCI-Express-Graphics-100284L/dp/B002RWJH4O/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1261454237&sr=8-4

My case size...it's hard to say...against my better judgement I went with a OEM machine which I tricked out a year ago (gave it a new PSU, the 9800 GT, more and better memory). It's a HP Pavillion m9340f. It has only one PCIe slot and there is a card directly above it that is necessary--zero wiggle room. It needs to be less than three inches "wide" (distance from the top surface of the fan to the underside of the card).

Amazon says it's only 2.5 inches in that direction....but that's smaller than the one I already have in there. In fact, Amazon says it's smaller in every dimension compared to my BFG OC Geforce 9800 GT. I just don't believe the measurement on Amazon as non-specific testimony make this a "small" card...but smaller compared to the 260 GTX...which is wayyyy too big for comparison in my situation. So...I am just wondering if anyone who has the card or has made researching skills can see what the real measurements are.

sanchz

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
DBPIKE, take into account that once the card is installed, the shroud's height is actually measured from the slot downards (since the card is upside down when installed). So, you just need to have a free slot BELOW the PCIe slot.
And the 5750 shoud definitely be smaller in legth than your 9800.