Disable driver signature enforcement not working anymore.

Seager77

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
Ok I really hope I can get some help here,

I have unsigned drivers I am trying to install on a piece of hardware I have been using for years.

Suddenly the normal process I use to disable driver signature enforcement is no longer working.

Advanced start up > start up settings > option 7 (disable driver signature enforcement)

Today I have spent hours trying to solve this problem and I can't

I have now done an advanced start up on my system (windows 10) gone into Advanced options and then UEFI Firmware Settings and turned off secure boot.

I have then ran the following commands in Cmd

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

and reset my computer it has booted up in test mode.

I put in my hardware, it instantly installs "Unknown device" I go to device manager and select to manually install drivers.

I select the unsigned driver I have downloaded and it names it (so it did find it) but says "Windows found the drivers for your device but encountered an error while trying to install them"

"The 3rd party INF does not containt driver signature information"

So even with all that work I did it is STILL enforcing driver signatures!!

It's like hard wired in all of a sudden and I can't find a way around it any advice please?

Btw this piece of hardware I have used it for years always just doing a temp disable of driver enforcement and it worked perfectly this problem poped up within the last week.

Thank you!